Y2V1 Epilogue: Jekyll and Hide

Monday morning.

Every student across the first and second years is sitting in anticipation. In wait for what they receive, fearing it's below the threshold. But some are waiting to see if they came across at the top of the table.

Some waited to see if everyone was safe.

The school had placed everyone in a state of fear. A state that reminded me of that place.

Chabashira strode in calmly, placing her bag on the desk and taking out her laptop.

Yosuke immediately raised his hands, not wasting any time at all, "Sensei, were there any expulsions?"

"No, the lowest score was 605. Individually, it was a 220," Chabashira said as she tapped on the laptop's keyboard.

The class all let out a sigh of relief. Expulsions are the worst thing possible for a class, the penalty they incur is large. There is a cap of 300 points, but as Chabashira once said, the penalty for not passing a special exam is dependent on its difficulty.

"First, I'll display the overall results and the change in class points."

Special Exam Overall Ranking

1st Place Class 2-A Average Score: 725

2nd Place Class 2-D Average Score: 691

3rd Place Class 2-C Average Score: 622

4th Place Class 2-B Average Score: 619

Class points as of May 1:

Class 2-A 1169 points

Class 2-B (Formerly 2-C) 545 points

Class 2-C (Formerly 2-B) 539 points

Class 2-D 303 points

I see. So it seems like class 1-B brought us to a comfortable second place. Sakayanagi took first place as expected, with us behind. Ryuuen took 3rd, partnering with class 1-C. On average 1-C was better than 1-D, however, it seems like the 4 most capable students that were in 1-C being poached almost led them to last place.

"We were far and away the second-best class. It's a good start. Alright then, here are your results," Chabashira said as she displayed a spreadsheet on the wall through the projector.

The bottom was, as expected, Ike. Sudo was quite a few places higher, near 30th place. Akito and Haruka got similar results in the middle of the pack.

Airi was in 35th place, with a total score of 259.

Keisei was in 3rd place overall, getting a total score of 405. Impressive, even for him.

Kei was oddly one of the highest in the class when it came to history, getting 6th place. But her other subjects were less than average, granting her a 25th place with a score of 299.

In 4th place, there was Koenji, with a score of 399.

In second, Horikita with a score of 411. Her maths score was an impressive 87. In comparison to Keisei's 84, it doesn't seem like much, however, those 3 marks on that test were a testament to her hard work. With a variety of questions, a 3-mark difference is immense. Considering there was no multiple choice, there is no luck involved. It was Horikita's skill and hers alone.

"W-wait...?" Ike exclaimed in awe.

"Sensei, that's not a mistake, right?" Kei asked with a bright grin.

"Yes, Karuizawa, that's the result," she replied with a slight smile.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka:

Mathematics: 100/100

English: 100/100

History: 100/100

Japanese: 100/100

Science: 100/100

"500/500..." Horikita muttered in awe.

The students didn't know what to say, but they felt many things.

Bewilderment.

Joy.

This mix of emotions swirled inside the student's minds, and they couldn't let a word out. As if they were still processing what was displayed on the pixels.

That was, until, a phone rang.

"Ah, sorry, please, converse amongst yourself," Chabashira said as she stepped outside.

Some students began to look at me, their eyes filled with curiosity.

"Well, I do have to ask, Ayanokouji-boy, when did you get so intelligent?" Koenji asked with an intrigued glance.

However, before another word was spoken, Chabashira walked back in. But her face was different.

The air was different.

Her expression lost that gentle sense of satisfaction that it had before.

She had picked up her red marker.

Shaking, she circled a name.

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, you are hereby expelled."

Author's Note:

It'd be funny if I just dropped the fic here, huh?