Recovering from a long day

(Yoshi's pov)

Finally! Home at last. It's been a long and eventful day. I don't want to do anything but rest on the couch. When we enter the house Gumball and I decide to play play some kebab fighter to get our brains off the stress. We sit on the couch, boot up the game, and grab our controllers. It's time to fight!

After we were done playing my dad comes in sweating like a sheep in the desert. He looked like he was training for something.
"Hey dad, how was the registration?"
He looked at me with a warm smile.
"Oh it was great. I got registered as a fighter, I got weighed in, and I got my first opponent in a week."
"Oh...who is it?"
"Some guy named Joao Diga."
As soon as he heard that name Gumball dropped his controller.
"Uncle Nigel...would you mind repeating that?"
"Uh...I said I was to fight Joao Diga in a week."
Gumball looks to him with a look of extreme worry.
"You can't be serious. No one can beat him. He literally won against the U.S. navy."
"Oh please that can't be true"
"Oh yeah...then explain this"
He pulls out his phone and shows dad a video of the match. In it Joao is seen punching a aircraft carrier...and it sunk in one hit. I saw the video and was petrified.
"Dad...you can't be serious about facing this guy."
He kneels down in front of me.
"Son. If I win this fight...we'll be able to live normally. We can get our own home to live in. It could be in Elmore or anywhere in America. But right now you have to believe in me."
I give it a thought.
"Ok dad...I believe in you."
"Good...because I need to train for this and...What is she doing here now?!
We all look out the window to see Tina against the glass with her tongue out. Dad is about to get up but I stop him.
"Don't worry. I don't think she has any intention of hurting me...as of right now."
"Why would you think that? Did you see what she did yesterday."
"Yeah...but just watch."
Dad looks at her and is surprised to see her fogging up the window and drawing a heart on it. She then writes my name into it. Afterwords she kisses the glass, leaving a lip mark on the glass. She then leaves while Dad looks at me with a sly grin.
"Oh...I see how it is. Looks like my charms rubbed on you after all."
He ruffles my hair with his hand. I blush.
"It's nothing like that!"
"Sure it is. Anyways I have to get going. I need to prepare for my upcoming match."
He exits to the backyard to workout. I thought this day couldn't get any weirder...guess I was wrong.