Chapter 34.7: The Four of Diamonds

Cater approaches Alcina while she is enjoying a delightful tea party with Riddle. As she sips her tea and nibbles on delicate pastries, Alcina looks up in surprise at Cater's sudden appearance. Alcina couldn't deny she found it incredibly perplexing to comprehend Cater thought process. His excessive friendliness and constant proximity made her feel extremely uneasy.

"Cater what is this about, can't you see I'm having a private discussion with Alice here."

"Sorry Riddle but do you know about the video going around?"

Riddle gazed at Cater with a mix of confusion and curiosity, a sense of unease settling in his stomach.

"What video?!"

Cater proceeded to play the video depicting the moment Riddle overblotted and the intense battle between Alcina and Riddle.

They both remained frozen in place, completely taken aback and bewildered. Riddle's gaze shifted towards Alcina.

"Did you know about the video or it even being recorded."

"I'm just as confused as you are, I didn't see anything like that."

"Are you serious Alice?"

"100 percent. There's no way that should have been recorded in the first place and the existence of this video is confusing me as well."

"Do you know how far the video has gone?"

"I don't know."

"Well, this is a disaster."

Alcina looks at Cater, her mind struggling to make sense of the situation.

"Why do I feel like that is not the only reason."

Cater let out a sigh as he realized that he had been discovered.

"You got me there. There is one more thing it is more of a favor, I want to ask you, Alice."

"I'm gonna regret asking this but what's the favor?"

"My sisters heard your singing and saw your magic from the video and I was hoping if you could record a proper one with your approval."

"Hahaha, yeah no. Absolutely not."

"Why Alcina?"

"I don't want to be used as entertainment for others."

Cater drops to his knees, pleading with her in a way that catches her completely off guard.

"Please Alcina, just this once."

"What's with the desperation? It's creepy."

"My sisters are gonna keep bossing me for it."

"Why don't you tell your siblings off, it's not that hard."

"Alcina don't you have siblings?"

"I have 5 but they were all mortal so none of them are alive. I'm the youngest."

"Oh yeah, I keep forgetting you're 160 years old."

Riddle promptly ejected his beverage.

"Your 160 Alice!?"

"Wait, Riddle, they didn't tell you."

Riddle glares at Cater with fury in his gaze.

"I must have forgot to tell Riddle sorry demigoddess."

Riddle faced me once more.

"That explains why I couldn't beat you."

"I'm an immortal demigod and 160 in human years so the difference between our magic is very significant. But that's not the point you stand up for yourself against your siblings."

"That's harder than you say it is."

"Letting them push you around is telling them they can do whatever they want in life. My mother has this saying. You can't always make everyone like you but you have to like the real you first."

Cater was taken aback by Alcina's kind words. A warm blush spread across his face as he felt a sense of gratitude and awe for the impact she had on his life. He knew that with her by his side, he could finally begin to unravel the layers of his identity and embrace the person he was meant to be.