Chapter 32: Sorry

Alcina was back at her desk after what happened earlier, fully engrossed in her tasks, when she heard a gentle knock on the door a small smile playing on her lips as she gestured for Riddle to come in. Standing there was Riddle, politely requesting entry. Alcina lets him in.

"Good afternoon, Alcina," Riddle greeted her, his voice smooth and charming. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything important."

Alcina shook her head, setting aside her pen and giving him her full attention. "Not at all, Riddle. What can I do for you today?"

"I wanted to apologize for what I said."

Alcina's eyes widened in astonishment upon hearing that. She was taken aback by Riddle's unexpected response, as he went against his own rules and took the time to apologize. Tears welled up in her eyes, but a smile graced her face. As she looked into his eyes, she saw a flicker of something she had never seen before - a hint of warmth and compassion. It was a side of him that she had never witnessed, and it made her heart swell with affection for him. Without saying a word, Alcina reached out and gently touched Riddle's hand, a silent gesture of forgiveness and acceptance.

"Trey told me about your mother. I didn't know our situations were very similar."

"It's okay, Riddle, you weren't aware of it. It can be tough living in the shadow of our parents' legacy, but we have similar circumstances with different outcomes. We can't alter the past, but we can always look ahead to the future. Remember, Riddle, our parents' choices and actions do not define who we are as individuals. We have the power to create our own path and make our own mark on the world. Let's use our unique circumstances as motivation to strive for greatness and carve out our own legacy. The future is full of endless possibilities, and together, we can shape our own destiny. My mother was that person in the past but no more she changed for the better and I'm happy about it.

He found himself drawn to her warmth and compassion, feeling a sense of comfort and ease in her presence. Her genuine kindness was like a ray of sunshine in his otherwise dark and troubled world. It was a rare and precious gift that he couldn't help but be grateful for. As he looked into her eyes, he knew that he had found something special in her, something worth holding onto. And in that moment, he couldn't resist the urge to smile, realizing he's falling hard for her.