013

CHAPTER THIRTEEN——————————{LONDON}FEBRUARY 17, 2024

{LONDON}
FEBRUARY 17, 2024

࿐̗ྉʹ˗྄ ** ₊·͟͟͟͟͟͟͞͞͞͞͞͞➳❥ ʚ♡ɞ

"I swear on my dead mother Walker, if you accidentally hit me, I'm going to "accidentally" kill you."

Walker and I were on a trampoline in his backyard, because my dad had dropped me off earlier in the day, because he had to make some preparations in Pennsylvania to attend a lavish wedding on the first of march. Usually when a situation like this came up I would just stay home with the staff, but now that I actually had friends, I asked my dad to drop me off at Walker's house and pick me up later in the day.

"You're overreacting," laughed Walker, as he did a backflip over my head.

That was my last straw, I shook my head and got off the trampoline, opening the back door with Walker following behind me laughing his ass off.

"You know you haven't even offered me anything to eat, what kind of host are you," I sarcastically spat out rolling my eyes.

   He shook his head in amusement, before making his way over to the fridge. "What do you want?"

   "Oh I don't actually want anything," I spoke "I just like bothering you."

   I heard glasses clink, as Walker pulled out two sodas from the fridge, he looked at me and stuck up his middle finger before making his way over to the where I was laid on the couch.

   "That's not very nice Walker," I said, faking innocence.

   He flipped me off yet again, lifting my legs up so he could sit on the couch, before grabbing the remote that was placed on the table.

   "I'm gonna tell your mom when she gets home," Walker's mom had taken his brother Tanner to Karate practice and Leena had been forced to go with them, and his dad was out playing Golf with some friends, so it was just us at his house.

"What're you gonna tell her," he said opening his sprite can.

"I'm gonna tell her how you assaulted me," I said grabbing the extra can that he had brought for me for the table.

He shook his head before speaking "Nobody's gonna believe that, everyone knows i'm an angel."

I flicked him on the cheek, causing him to smile before he spoke again, "What do you wanna watch."

"I don't wanna watch anything," I said absentmindedly, now opening my sprite.

   "So we're watching Black Panther." He said, putting on the movie.

I smiled at the fact that he knew me so well. "Walker can I ask you something."

     "I'm not letting you put ribbons in my hair again,  London," he said, leaning into the couch.

   I picked up one of the couch pillows, and hit him on the head with it, as he laughed at my reaction. "What were you gonna ask Lonnie."

  The smile on my face dropped knowing that what I was going to ask was going to ruin the playful mood.  "Do you like acting, like not just acting but everything else that comes with it?" It sounded like such a simple question, yet the answer meant more to me than I would like to admit.

   "What kinda question is that," he laughed out "everyone knows that what I'm doing right now is my dream."

   "Yea I know," I said, clamping up and turning my attention through the screen.

   I could feel his eyes still on me, his laughter dying down as he noticed the serious expression on my face. "Why'd you ask me that."

   I turned to him, forcing a smile on my face, "Don't worry about it."

   "But I am, why did you ask?" he said, now pausing the Tv.

   I let the fake smile on my face drop before answering,  "I just wanted to get another perspective, that's all."

    He scrunched up his eyebrows, "You don't like acting?" He asked.

   "I never said that," I laughed out dryly "I do, sometimes it makes me feel happy, and sometimes it makes me want to scratch my skin off y'know, and that doesn't even matter because I've been told I'm good at it so why should I not do something I'm good at."

   "Being good at something doesn't mean you should do that thing if it makes you feel like shit."

   "Doesn't it though?" I asked, now making eye contact with him. "and I never said it makes me feel like shit."

   "No it doesn't Lonnie, and if you don't wanna act, then don't. Not if it's making you all pessimistic like this." he said, now making me sit up.

   I could feel my anger rising at the fact that he kept prodding, "Surprised you know the word pessimistic." I mumbled meanly. I knew he was getting closer to making me realize something I really didn't want to, and a shot at his intelligence was all I had to make him stop talking.

   "You're deflecting, London" I frowned at the way he knew me so freaking well.

   "This whole conversation is bullshit."

   "How is this bullshit," he laughed out, though his laughter didn't hold any of its usual amusement.

   "There are people dying, and I'm here complaining about a thousand dollar job." I said harshly, setting down my sprite can.

   "Now that's bullshit. That's a shit excuse you use to tell yourself that your feelings don't matter." he said, trying to grab my wrist to get me to look at him.

   I smacked his hand away. "I don't wanna talk about this anymore, I never should've said anything"

   "Just because you don't wanna talk about this, doesn't mean it's gonna stop nagging you like I know it is."

   Silence encapsulated us at his final words, before a sound from my phone, shot out. I picked it up and saw a text message from my dad that said 'here'.

   I got up from the couch, "Tell your mom I said thanks for letting me come over."

   He looked up at me from the couch, "Ok," he said softly, "Text me later?"

   "I will." I answered, a small smile on my face.

a/n: no she's not gonna quit acting anytime soon she does like it she just has some stuff to figure out about it and herself, and i wanna reiterate this incase anyone forgot THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NI SMUT IN THIS BOOK i debated letting them stay home alone, because i really didn't wanna allude to anything sexual whatsoever, but it was needed for this conversation ok bye bye now