008

CHAPTER EIGHT ————————————— {LONDON} February 13, 2024

{LONDON}
February 13, 2024

࿐̗ྉʹ˗྄ *೨⋆*✩ ➶ ➳ ↳ ₊·͟͟͟͟͟͟͞͞͞͞͞͞➳❥ ❝ ❞ ʚ♡ɞ ༺❀༻

   "Don't mess with Zeus," the interviewer, said through a laugh, "you just saw a clip from the new Percy Jackson and The Olympians Tv show, and today we have the cast here with us."

   The interview was a woman a brown-skinned woman, with a caramel bob, in a red dress, wearing the most sophisticated smile I had even seen on an adult's face.

   All four of us waved to the camera, "Hi," Leah and I said in sync with a smile on our faces.

   "Can I just say you girls look absolutely gorgeous, just slaying."

   I saw Walker out of the corner of my eyes, nodding im agreement to what the interviewer had said while subtly looking at me.

   "Thank you so much," responded Leah, running her hands through her braids.

   "You look beautiful as well," I commented, faintly starting to pick the sides of my nails.

   She put her hand on her chest, "You girls are so sweet, now let's get into the reason why I have your time for today."

   "How's it feel to secure the number one position for Disney branded primieres of all time."

   The smile on my face got larger and I turned to look at Walker so he could answer the question.

   "It's definitely a weird thought," started Walker slowly "but, I'm just really glad there's a season two."

   "I think we all are," retorted the interviewer, looking down at her notepad that had all the questions on it, "Now London you've previously mentioned that this show has been life changing for you, would you elaborate on that if you don't mind."

I let out a small laugh at the question, "Well growing up, I didn't have a lot of friends, because I was homeschooled, and I really only had two friends which were Leah and my dad, but getting Percy Jackson allowed me to meet these guys and really just understand what it was like to be a normal kid, even if we were on set working for hours at a time."

"That's so sad, and so sweet." chuckled Aryan, a wide smile on his face.

"It really is," continued the interviewer "now I want to get into what some may call controversial, but as we all know representation matters, and specifically London and Leah can you two tell us how breaking through those stereotypes, and inspiring a new generation of girls feels to you two."

"Well when you put it like that it sounds like no big deal," I said jokingly.

"But seriously," started Leah "I like how you said stereotype, because I understand how people stereotype, they're always going to put a imagination like that on characters like Annabeth and Andromeda and everyone's always gonna have the same thought, but that doesn't mean define the rest of the character's life."

"Yea I really couldn't have said that better myself, because when it came out that Leah and I were playing characters who had already been depicted as white, everybody was immediately ready to jump on our throats and make conclusions about stuff without really seeing what we could do with the characters, but now after the shows come out I'm seeing a lot more love, and way less hate which is super important for other young girls to see that even though something like this could start out really bad, you just have to believe in yourself, and other people will start to believe in you,"

"Well said, you two it is important, and i'm glad that responsibility was passed onto such smart young women." commend the interviewer, a wide smile on her face.

I could practically feel Walker's eyes burning into the side of my face, as I gave that long monologue, and when I turned to look at him to ask him why he was staring into my soul, he immediately turned towards the camera as if hiding something he didn't want me to see.

"Aryan let's talk about the character you play as well," acknowledged the interview, still looking down at her notepad. I turned toward Aryan's direction, excited to see him talk about Grover, because I knew there was no one who loved and empathized with their character as much as Aryan did.

   "Yea Grover, half goat from the waist down, then half man," started Aryan pulling up his sleeves "he's a satyr and one of the core four, Percy's protector, and he helps him get accustomed to the world on the other side of the mist as they call it in the books, and he's friends with him at Yancy, and at camp half-blood, but that's not all there is to him, he's a defender of nature like all satyrs are, and he's lost multiple family members to the search of Pan, yet he doesn't let that shake him, and I think that's what one the most important parts about Grover — his determination."

   "Well when Season 2 comes out I can't wait to have you guys back on this show it was really lovely speaking to you three."

   "Thank you for having us," finished Walker, spreading his hands out.

a/n: first time writing an entire chapter in one  obv still gonna edit before yall even see it, but still super proud of myself again PLEASE don't forget to vote and comment cause that's really my motivation guys. also just wanna reiterate this WALKER AND LONDON R A SLOWBURN so there's just hints here and there of what they will later be and AGAIN this book is mostly about london and her coming into her own.