Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

After exiting the portal, without saying a word, we rushed to the kitchen and turned on the tap, pouring cold water into cup after cup. Personally, I only stopped after drinking three large cups in a row and finally got rid of the unpleasant feeling in my mouth after tearing the blanket with my teeth. The dry throat and lack of saliva didn't help the situation back then, and my mouth still had nasty fibers irritating me terribly. If anyone has ever tried to eat a fluffy white dandelion in their childhood, they would understand my sensations of sticky dryness perfectly.

Damn! - the girl expressed for the first time in my memory. - This is the beginning of the new year. So, Max. Where is your first aid kit?

It's there, in the left cabinet at the top - I pointed with my hand to her and poured another cup of water.

The girl approached the kitchen cabinet and tiptoed to open the door. After the portal, we didn't waste time getting dressed, and now I could enjoy the beautiful views of her graceful body. Surprisingly clean heels and no traces of dirt on her body reminded me that it was very clean over there in general. Looking at myself, I noticed only bloodstains, also without any traces of soil and dust that should have appeared after my movements on the floor.

Anya. I'm going to take a shower, to wash the blood off myself.

Alright - the girl responded, engrossed in rummaging through the medical kit. - Hurry up, then we will treat the wounds.

Throwing the torn blanket on the bathroom floor, I climbed into the bath and turned on the water. The cool stream of water from the shower washed away all the tension that had been accumulating since the moment we ended up in this strange situation, and only in the shower did the realization of what had actually happened finally hit me. The portal, characteristics, levels, and monsters.

By the way, about the levels... I checked my status and looked at the proud number two with ninety-nine out of two hundred thirty-four experience points.

Interesting - I said aloud.

I closed the window, deciding to come back to it later, and reached for the shampoo. Falling slightly short, I stared in amazement at my palm. It was completely intact. The bite that had been bothering me slightly throughout the journey was gone. I nervously inspected the rest of my body and found no scratches. Was it a collective hallucination? Did someone spike our drinks at the club, and we experienced a powerful drug trip?

But these thoughts were quickly shattered by the still lying bloody heap on the floor from the torn blanket. Was the blood also a hallucination?

I stepped out of the shower, wrapped in a towel, and called out to the girl. - Anya... Something strange is going on here. All the wounds have disappeared. Look. - I showed her my completely unharmed hand.

The girl, standing with hydrogen peroxide and bandages, looked at me incredulously and pulled the towel off me, wanting to see for herself.

Hmm... some damn thing indeed - she said - To hell with it all! I'll take a shower too - and headed to the place where girls can disappear for hours. Realizing that I had at least an hour or an hour and a half before she would be ready, I decided to prepare breakfast and returned to the kitchen. My eyes fell on the weapon lying on the table, which I had thrown before pouring the water, but I also decided to leave that question for later.

I opened the fridge, took out eggs, bread, sausages, and decided to make toast for a late breakfast. Remembering that the girl had just gone into the shower, I set the items aside and decided to grind some coffee first. As I was grinding, a call came in, and I answered it, leaving only my voice.