Chapter 34 Marquis Dingyuan's return

Start from the beginning

She is not as powerful as she thought.

So what if she lived one life more than others? She was still panicked when she encountered a life-and-death struggle with blood dripping from her body. Once the lights are out at night, and she closes her eyes, she will be plunged into a bright red. She can't tell whether it is the wolf's blood, Zhou Niannan's blood, or...

In a daze, she saw another patch of bright red in her memory, and her whole body seemed to have fallen into the endless evening gloom.

Buddha said, people have twenty difficulties. It is difficult for the poor to give alms, it is difficult for the rich and powerful to learn the Tao, it is difficult to abandon one's life and die, it is difficult to see Buddhist scriptures, it is difficult to be reborn in the Buddha's world, it is difficult to endure lust and abandon desires... (quoted from the "Buddhist Sutra")

What about her difficulties, and how to resolve them?

*

The dusk falls late and the birds return late.

Xie Miao left the stern main hall of Hongyu and came to a side hall under the guidance of the nun. There are countless ever-burning lamps enshrined there, some old and new, arranged in an orderly manner. The dim light is warm, but it also reveals an indescribable loneliness.

The wind came in from nowhere, and the candlelight swayed in the wind, almost extinguishing it. But that little bit of light is very tenacious, and when it is teetering on the verge of collapse countless times, it can weakly jump back into flames.

A candlelight weaves a dream, whose dream is it and what dream is it?

Seeing her standing silently, the nun took the initiative to hand over the oil pot and reminded her, "Benefactor, you might as well go and add some sesame oil."

Xie Miao took the oil pot and the nun left silently. She walked forward slowly, her expression focused and pious. She refilled the lamp with meticulous movements.

On the way, her eyes inadvertently passed by the words engraved on the everlasting lantern.

"Xu Min, the Li family, was born in the eighth year of Chenghua and died in the eleventh year of Chenghua."

"Gu Shan, Miao family, was born in the third year of Mingde and died in the second year of Qingyuan."

"Qier, the Lan family, was born in the seventh year of Mingde and died in the fifth year of Qingyuan."

A lamp contains a touch of yearning, and if the yearning is not forgotten, the soul can live forever.

Arriving in front of three brand-new ever-burning lamps, Xie Miao froze, unable to move forward. She stared at it intently, raised her hand, and touched it softly.

"A-Miao has not forgotten." She said softly: "A-Miao will not forget."

As long as she never forgets, she will miss it forever.

*

Qiaogu went to work in the paper mill and became very busy, but when she learned that Xie Miao and her party were recuperating in Qingxin Temple, she would go up the mountain from time to time to visit after work.

She chattered about everyday things.

"Sister Fang took me up the mountain to watch workers cutting bamboo. They cut the bamboo into five or seven feet long and soak them in water... By the way, did you know? It turns out that paper is made of bamboo! Amazing, right? Green bamboo can make white paper!"

"After soaking the bamboo, it needs to be cured. To cure it, use a hammer to wash it and remove all the rough shells and green skin on the surface..."

What she said was so professional that Xie Miao and the others seemed confused, but no one interrupted her. They all patiently accepted the joy she wanted to share.