Chapter 34 Marquis Dingyuan's return

Start from the beginning

Madam Xie scolded: "You deserve it!" But there was pity in her eyes, and she took her hand and inspected it carefully.

"Is the injury serious?"

"It's okay, but some skin is broken."

"Have you been using medicine?"

"En!"

Madam Xie smelled the scent of medicinal fragrance and felt something familiar, "Is it the white jade porcelain skin ointment specially made by Imperial Medical Office?"

Well, who knows?

Xie Miao sat up straight, her expression flickering, "Maybe, the imperial physicians gave it to me when they were treating Third Young Master Zhou's injuries."

Madam Xie had no doubt that he was there, "This medicine has miraculous effects on treating wounds and removing scars. Remember to apply the medicine regularly. Don't be lazy."

"Yes." Seeing an opportunity, Xie Miao got into her arms and trembled: "Aunt, those two ferocious beasts are really terrifying. As soon as I close my eyes, my mind is filled with blood... I couldn't sleep at night. Even if I fall asleep, I wake up from time to time."

Madam Xie lifted her chin and looked at her carefully. Sure enough, she saw two bruises under her eyes. Her face was haggard, and she looked frightened.

Xie Miao let her look at her, and then said: "I want to go to Qingxin Temple to stay for a few days, and in the process, I can ask for two amulets for my Aunt and Brother. What does Aunt think?"

Madam Xie frowned and asked dissatisfied: "Going to Qingxin Temple again?"

Xie Miao said gloomily: "I guess I had a bad time. I fell down, fell into the water, and now I met a wild wolf..." She grabbed Madam Xie's hand and hesitated to say: "Aunt, do you think it's because of evil——"

"Nonsense!" Madam Xie interrupted her, but her heart was in a state of confusion. She said, "Qingxin Temple is full of incense and has a quiet environment. If you like it, you can stay there for a while."

*

This time not only Madam Xie was frightened, Lan Xia and Fu Lu were even more frightened. They originally thought that the Young Lady would go horse riding to relax. But who would have thought that she would be so unlucky that she and Third Young Master Zhou would encounter a wolf attack together!

Although they did not witness it with their own eyes, they saw the injury on the Young Lady's hand and saw three imperial physicians entering the racecourse to treat Zhou Niannan. They guessed that the process must have been thrilling! After experiencing this, the Young Lady was frightened to death!

The two quickly packed their things and followed Xie Miao to Qingxin Temple to recuperate. The other two maids in the courtyard, Lizhi and Guiyuan, also offered to accompany and take care of them, but Xie Miao lightly blocked them back.

"There are too many people in this pure place of Buddhism, which may disturb the peace of the Buddha."

The three master and servants brought along the coachman, Wang Da, and took the carriage to Qingxin Temple.

Master Hui Jue arranged for them to live in the same courtyard as last time. Before leaving, she clasped her hands and nodded to her: "Miss Xie, for what you asked me last time, I have already taken care of it. Miss, if you are free, you might as well go and take a look." 

Xie Miao lowered her eyelashes and smiled. She said, "Thank you, Master."

It was not the first time to live in a temple, and everyone adapted very quickly. Surrounded by the smell of sandalwood and Buddha, Xie Miao knelt in front of the Buddha and felt that her soul was at peace.