Chapter 16: Mewtwo's Final Strike

"So, you've finally come Ash Ketchum." Mewtwo said with telepathy.

"You knew I'll come?" Ash asked.

"We all have been watching you, especially Mew." Mewtwo stated as Mew appears as giggling.

"I was the one who told everyone about your arrivals!" Mew stated.

"And i guess you expect a battle?" The boy asked.

The Genetic Pokémon nodded, "You are worthy to capture me," Mewtwo(80) send out a small blast of wind, ready to battle, "but I won't let it be that easy!"

Ash took out a pokeball and throws it up, "Butterfree(63), let's do this!" Butterfree lent out a cry as flies up and ready to fight. "Use Bug Buzz!" Butterfree attempted to use Bug Buzz but Mewtwo have used Psychic to stop it and then on Butterfree and throws the Butterfly Pokemon to the ground. 

(Butterfree- 57%, SPDef Down)

Mewtwo attempted an Aura Sphere and Butterfree quickly use Protect and then Double Team. Mewtwo try to look for the real, but they all used Shadow Ball and hit Mewtwo. And as of being bit, Mewtwo use Stone Edge around him, knocking down Butterfree.

(Mewtwo- 82%)

Ash returned his Pokemon, "You did good Butterfree. Take a great rest." The boy took out a second ball and toss it. "Let's do this Charizard(72)!" Charizard came out and lent out a roar as ready for battle. "Use Shadow Claw!" But as Charizard got close and got a hit, Mewtwo used Confusion which it directly hits.

(Mewtwo- 60%; Charizard- 84, Confused)

Ash tries to get to Charizard, but he ignores his calls and hits himself as Mewtwo recovers some of his strength. Before Mewtwo can do it again, Ash finally got to him, "I know you're in there, Charizard! Use Flare Biltz!" Charizard broke out of it and then uses Flare Biltz, which surprised Mewtwo and landed a direct hit.

(Mewtwo- 59%; Charizard- 76%)

"Not bad." Mewtwo uses Amnesia to increase his defense.

"Use Slash!" Charizard's claws glows and charged head on, but Mewtwo uses Mist to cover hide in and Charizard miss as a Psycho Cut hit him from the stomach, pushing him back. Before Charizard could get up, Mewtwo uses Aura Sphere and as about to it, Ash ordered the Flame Pokémon to use Protect and then Sandstorm, covering themselves.

(Mewtwo- 56%; Charizard-  52%)

"You can't hide from me." Mewtwo stated as saw sense figure which resembles of Charizard and uses Psycho Cut at it. But it was a fake. "What?!"

"Use Flare Blitz!" Charizard rushes with a full power Flare Blitz from behind, doing a lot damage towards the Genetic Pokémon but Charizard fainted from the use of the Substitute and attacking with a full power Flare Blitz.

(Mewtwo- 21%)

Ash returned Charizard, "You've done great. Rest well." Ash looks at his little buddy. "You ready Pikachu?"

"You know it!" Pikachu (77) jumps off of Ash and his cheeks started to charge up with electricity.

"Let's use Quick Attack!" Pikachu rushes in but as Pikachu hits, a point-blank Aura Sphere hits, pushing Pikachu away but he quickly lands on his feet.

(Mewtwo- 16%; Pikachu- 86%)

Mewtwo makes a blade-like Psycho Cut and rushes in and Pikachu uses his Iron Tail to try to block it, but failed and was hit to the ground and was toss back by Mewtwo's Psychic.

(Pikachu- 52%, SP Def Down)

Ash was wondering how they can win and realized what's they're around. "Use Double Team!" Pikachu makes copies of himself.

"You won't trick me with the same move!" Mewtwo uses Psychic and toss all the fakes up in the air, which have the real one as Mewtwo uses Psychic again and toss him to a Stalagmite and Pikachu started to fall down.

"Such a waste." Mewtwo appears above Pikachu and try to use Aura Sphere, but Ash smirks as Rain Dance was activated.

"Thunder!" Pikachu quickly recovered and sends down Thunder, which lands and makes Mewtwo shock as Pikachu uses his Iron Tail to knock him down and use another Thunder. Making Mewtwo lose the battle.

"Nice job buddy!" Ash high fives the Mouse Pokemon.

"Heck yeah!"  Pikachu said happily as uses his tail to high five.

Mewtwo coughs and then looked up to the two, "Well done. You've bested me. You may have the honor of capturing me."

"If that's you wish..." Ash uses a pokeball and Mewtwo lets himself be captured as part of the deal. "Welcome to the family." As Ash turns, a certain small cat appears front of him.

"BOO!" Ash and Pikachu jumped in shock as Mew giggles. "That was a great battle!"

"Thanks." Ash then thinks of what's going to happen. "Are you going to battle me also..?"

"Nope. I already chose my trainer! And she's nice!" Mew said happily.

Ash sigh in relief as he doesn't want to do another battle after the last one, "That's great to hear. But who is she?"

Mew winks, "You'll find out!" And then she disappears.

"Sometimes... I wonder what's going on with Mew's head." Ash admitted.

*Few Hours later*

After a bit of training, Ash and the rest have finally returned home. Ash hoped that Ellena have been doing okay when he was gone and wonder what she has been doing here on the island. So, he quickly rushes back to the cabin and once he enters, he sees Ellena reading a book with her Eevee on her lap.

"Hey Ellena!" Ash greeted.

Ellena signed, "You're back, how did it go?"

"It went well. Sorry for leaving you alone though." Ash apologized, which Ellena flinched a bit, which Ash notice. "Ellena... did something happened?" She shown a sigh and takes Ash to the back, which shows Snorlax, Lapras, and Primape there.

"How did they get here?" Ash asked Ellena.