Chapter 3: Names

Ash and Ellena had arrived at Vidiran City, since Ash doesn't want to bring too much attention or suspicions, he had left some of his Pokémon, but decided to keep Pikachu just in case of emergencies.

"It's been so long since we've been here....." Ash said, sighing at the memory. Ellena hugs him to try to comfort him. "Thanks... I needed it..."

"Pika." Pikachu patted his back, showing he got his back also.

"Alright, let's get going." As they were getting to the forest, they saw the news on the TV store, which caught their attention.

"It has been two months since the disappearance of Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town. Since we can't find any trace of the boy, the police consider him died. Let's have a moment of silence for the hero of saved many lives...." The Reporter stated.

Ash sighed, but realized something, "I can go around more freely...." With the world considering him dead, no one will try to question how he looks. Though he still has to be careful, even with the traitors since if they recognize him, he can't stay hidden anymore. He looks at the envelope he receives. "I have to get a different name.... now I can't even participate without giving it away.... Unless..... I prove my worth by redoing all gyms.... and BEAT the champions...." Ellena tapped on Ash's shoulder which she got his attention.

She signed, "Are.... you.... okay?"

Ash nods in response, "We are going a quick detour to see Professor Oak."

------------------------*2 hours later*-------------------------

They made it pass Route 1 and secretly made it to the lab. They went through the back door and see Oak working on some files.

"It's been a while, Professor." Ash stated. He jumped a bit and turned to see the two.

"Ash, it's great to see you! And here I thought you are actually giving up." Oak said, happily to see the young boy again.

"Sorry, we thought it's better to wait till things quiet down." Ash apologized. "But hey, I learn a bit of sign language now."

"That's great! So, what brings you two here?" The Professor asked.

"We need your help, you seen the news?" Ash asked.

"Yeah?" He agreed.

"Could you help give us different names?" The boy asked.

"Ah, I get what you mean." Oak started to go on his computer and started updating their nanodexes. "What will be your names?"

"Red Flare." Ash told him as Ellena thought about it and then does her sign, "She wants it to be Jena North." Oak sets the names as they heard a ding.

"All set!" Oak grabbed the watches, "Here they are." They grabbed it and put it on.

"Thanks." Ash than remembers about his question 2 months ago. "I haven't asked this because of... certain events... but do you know about Ellena's origin?"

"I was wondering myself, doing my time as Professor, she never or any other Professor have her on list. So, I did more research about her, and still none." Oak explained. "Ellena, do you know where you from?" Ellena shook her head. "Maybe when you two go on your journey, you'll find something you'll remember."

"Yeah, thanks again for your help." Ash thanked.

"Any time my boy." Oak smiled. "I'll tell Gary you came by."

"Okay. See you next time!" Ash said. They walked out of the lab, as they were walking back to the city, he notices Ellena looks sad. "Hey, we'll find out soon." She nodded.

She signed, "I....rather.... we.... focus.... more.... on.... your.... journey...." 

"Ellena, you're my friend. If this matters to you, then it matters to me." Ash told the girl. She hugged him while smiling, Ash returned the hugged, "Now, let's get started!"