Chapter 5: Mount Moon and Celadon City

They've walk though Route 3 and found the entrance of Mt. Moon. As Ash finish getting his flashlight ready, he noticed Ellena is shaking.

"You're afraid of the dark?" Ash asked as she nodded. "Dont worry, you can just hold onto me." They've started going in, as they walk more into the darkness, they ve met trainers who Ash defeated and won, with Ellena clinging on to the boy pretty much 24/7, making him blush a couple times. As they gone though a gap, bunch of Zubats fly pass them, scaring Ellena more and hugged Ash tighter. He even starting to hear her whimper.

"Something must of happened back then for her to be this afraid...." Ash thoughted. "Dont worry, we re almost there."  After a few more battles, they've reached the end of the caves and start walking pass Route 3. Ellena notice Ash's face looks saddened so she got his attention.

"You....okay...?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Just like Brock, Misty's one of my first friends..." Ash told her.

She pouted and sign, "You.... have.... to....forget.... about...them.... They... arent.... worth.... it.... only.... true... friends.... like.... me..."

Ash took a deep breath and smile, "You're right. I'm sorry. I'll try to focus more on my dream," He started messing with her hair, "and you." She closed her eyes while smiling.

------------------*5 hours later*-------------------

Its night as the two heroes are spending the night at the Pokémon Center, but as Ellena is sleeping soundly, the raven haired boy is laying on the bed, thinking on what Ellena said on the way.

"To think about it.... it took us 3 days to make it to Celadon as it took what... 1 week... 2...?. He looks at the date for the league. "2 more months until the league... we should pick this up... Gym is still open til 9, maybe ill go now."

-------------------------***----------------------------

Ash went into the gym to see Misty getting out of the pool. Once she fully got out, she notice him.

"You know the Gym's about to close, right?" She asked.

Ash shrugs, "Better yet than never."

Misty groans out of annoyance, "Ugh, whatever... This is a 2v2 battle. Misty calls Staryu(Lvl. 18)!"

"I'm ending this quick... But I should be careful what Pokemon I use... Go, Charizard(Lvl. 60)!"

"W-What.... Why you have a Charizard?!" Misty asked

"My father gave me his before he die..." Ash lied.

"I wont let you bet me!" She told him in anger. "Use Bubblebeam!"

"Dragon Claw." Ash said calmly. Charizard easily dodge and just one shot Staryu.

Misty grumbles as she return Staryu and took out another pokeball. "Misty calls Gyrados(50)! Use Hydro Pump!"

"Take the hit and use Sesmic Toss while using Flamethrower!" Ash told his partner. Charizard took a bit from Gyrados(Charizard: HP-40%) but Charizard grabbed Gyrados and keep on breathing Fire out of his mouth until he toss the snake to the ground, dealing massive damage(Gyrados: HP-39%, Burned).

"Mega-" Before Misty activate Mega Evolution, Ash immediately called out, "Dragon Claw!" Charizard give his all on his attack, causing Gyrados to faint. "No no no NO! It isn't fair! "

"You didn't say what's the cap. Just 2v2." He stated.

"Tch, just take the badge and get out of here!" Misty gave him the Cascade Badge.

"What happen to u...? I know ure a hot head, but this on another level.." Ash wondered.

-------------------*Next Morning*-----------------

Ellena is very mad that Ash went to the gym without her and won the badge.

"Ellena, come on. I took the chance and-" Ash try to get front of her, but Ellena pouted and turned away while crossing her arms. Making Ash sighed in defeat.

"Alright, what can I do to make you feel better?" He asked, getting her attention. She took out a pamphlet and show it to him as the raven haired boy took it as reading, "Best Ice Cream at Vermillion City.... Seriously..?"

She sign, "Yes."

"Alright, once we make it, we'll get you that Ice Cream." He told the girl, making her jump in joy as she grabbed his hand and start dragging him. "H-Hey, we'll get there okay?!" She didn't listen as she keeps on dragging Ash to Vermilion to get her Ice Cream.