Chapter 8: Haunted Memories

Note: Hey everyone, I want to say I'm sorry for not uploading any chapters for a bit, just got busy with college as I got mounted with bunch of work and wanted to think about how do I continue this and throughout the rest of the book, especially when have to do 9 different regions, I might do a bunch of gyms in one chapter as it'll speed up the Arc, but the chapters will be longer as it'll do more. I'll try to work on this more often and I'll even do so on the other story, "Guardians". Now that's over, let's continue.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Impossible... I thought you die?" J asked the boy.

"There is more to meet the eye, J. Now release all of the Pokémon!" Ash told her.

"Like I would.." J told him. "Tyranitar(60), use Hyper Beam!"

"Pikachu(??? A/N: Seriously, what is his level now?), Counter Shield!" Ash said as Pikachu counters the Hyper Beam, "Lucario(50), Aura Sphere!" Ash sends Lucario out and he quickly uses his move to attack it and OHKO as it's quad effective.

"Everyone, get-" All the wild Pokemon escaped as everyone wasn't focus that Ellena was releasing all the Pokémon and sirens starting to get louder. 

Ash and Ellena left, while Ash, "Enjoy the police!" 

"Grrr, you will regret Ketchum!" J told him.

--------------------------*Meanwhile*-----------------------

A man in a office and a Persian is watching the TV, he switched to the news.

"The infamous Hunter J was stopped by 2 unknown trainers. We haven't got their names but we got one of their looks only from the back." The Reporter stated as they saw a female with dark brown hair. 

"Ah, so she's still here at Kanto, and from the looks. That kid with him is a trainer,"  He smirked, "I can wait til he comes."

---------------------------*Next Day*-------------------------

Ellena and Eevee are playing together. Ellena is looking around her room, finding her Pokémon. She heard a sneeze and followed the sound to see Eevee in the closet.

"Vee! (You found me!)" Eevee said jumped into her arms as Ellena giggled and catches her.

"Are you two ready?" Ash asked, to which they nodded. "Alright, two more gym battles. Let's Get Moving!"

---------------------*3 hours later*---------------------------

They had made it to Cinnabar Gym, Ash returned his Charizard and went inside to see no one.

"Hello, anyone here?" Ash yelled out.

"I'm coming.." They saw an old man coming out. "I'm Blaine of the Cinnabar Gym. You're a challenger?" Ash nodded. "This will only be a 1v1 battle as I have something to do soon. Seems good?"

"Yeah. Let's get started!" Ash sends out his Charizard(51). 

"Magmar(45)!" Blaine sends out his Magmar. "Flamethrower!"

"Match it with ours!" Charizard uses his own collied, nullified both attacks. "Slash!"

"Fire Punch!" Their attacks collied.

"Switch to Dragon Tail!" Charizard switches to Dragon Tail and hits Magmar down(HP: 70%).

"Thunder Punch!" Magmar hits CharizardI(HP: 60%; Paralyzed), making him flinched.

"Slash!" Charizard uses it and got a direct hit, (HP: 30%). 

"Go for another Thunder Punch!" Blaine told his partner.

"Counter with Slash!" Charizard blocked his attack and counters with Slash, taking down the Magmar.

"Congrats on your win, here's the Volcanic Badge." Blaine gave it to the trainer.

"Thanks." Ash smiled.

"You look familar.. do I know you?" Blaine asked.

"Nope. I am Jeff!" Ash quickly responded, earning everyone who knows Ash's identity a mental facepalm.

------------------------*3 hours later*-------------------------

They've made it to Viridian once again, they went into the gym and notice how dark it is. Ash remembers how he went here the first time. He found Team Rocket impersonating the Gym Leader, he has to be careful how he fights as if his Pokémon got hit, he felt it by electric shocks.

"You've arrived soon as I expected." The light turned on, blinding them until they adjusted. Once they did, Ash was shocked to realized who the man was. He tries to stay calm as he remembers his time with Meloetta at Unova. Ash felt fear next to him, so he turned to see Ellena shaking.

"Ellena..?" Ash asked as she grunt, but Ash could tell she's completely terrified.

"I see you remember me." He smirked. "You'll be coming back with us."

"You're not taking her as long I'm here!" Ash told him.

"How about a wager?" He asked. "We'll do a 1v1 battle. If you win, I'll give the badge. If I win, I'll take her."

"Tch, I bet he have Rockets all around." Ash sighed, "Alright, I accept. Pikachu(???), let's give it our all!"

"Nidoking(48), stand by!" He said. "Use."

"Thunderbolt!" Ash screamed out.

"Pika....chu!!" Pikachu uses it.

"You seriously think that.." Nidoking got one shot somehow. "......What?"

"Plot Armor for the win!" Ash stated. "Now give me my badge and don't mess with us ever again!"

"Fine..." He gave it the badge to Ash and they left.

---------------------------* * *-------------------------------

It has been some time since the battle, Ash notice how gloomy Ellena looks.

"Hey Ellena.. you ok?" He asked. Ellena grabbed a notebook and started writing down.

She wrote. "Something came up..."

"You know him?" He asked.

She wrote. "I can't remember... all I know I have bad memories of him."

"I see..." Ash said.

She then wrote. "I'm scared. What if he comes back? What if he hurts Pikachu, Eevee, or you. I don't want it to happen. I don't know what to do if that happens." As Ash read though, Ellena was crying, fearing she could lose her friends thanks to him.

"I won't let that happen." Ellena looks at her travel partner. "As long I'm here, I'm alive. I won't let them hurt you or any of our Pokemon. You have my word." Ellena started to cry more as she hugged Ash, which he returned and patted her back. "It's alright, I'm here."