Chapter 1: The Tournament and the Mute

(A/N: I should also mention that the Master Tournament from the anime does exist in here but haven't came just let, but they did have a tournament in Galar like the prior game instead, but Ash lost to Leon after winning the League to try to become champion. And also, that I haven't play the new Scarlet or Violet just yet, I'll buy one of them so I can have more knowledge about their Pokémon once I get there)

A 15, raven-haired boy with his Pikachu just arrived at Viridian City along with his Pikachu.

"Man, we're sooo close to beat Leon there...." Ash said with an upsetting tone.

"Pika...." Pikachu try to comfort his partner. It was neck to neck between Ash and Leon, it was against his Charizard and Pikachu, but when Pikachu was about to give the final blow, Charizard was able to give a surprise attack, causing Pikachu to barely hang in there for a bit, but fail and fainted.

"There's always next time, am I right?" Ash asked, trying to be optimstic.

"Next time there will be!" ??? said.

"Scott?" Ash turns around to see the owner of the Hoenn Battle Frontier. "What brings u here?"

"Well, I came here to tell u that there will be a Master's Tournament within 2 years." Scott then took out a envelope. "And you'll be invited to participate!"

Ash took it, "I've heard of it..." The Master Tournament have the best of the best. It's a 200 Trainer Tournament that lasts about 2 months. Only those who are skilled like Champions, Elite Fours, or Gym Leaders could join. But there's one problem.... "I thought only those who actually have a good record of battling and doesn't invitations start within half a year before it starts?"

"That is true. But I talked about you to the Battle Association and they're pleased with your achievements. Stopping evil organizations, reach the league stands higher every time, unique moves, and even save the world multiple times. I pulled a few favors also to get you to join the tournament early. So you better not lose it." Scott explains.

"Thanks Scott!" Ash smiled.

"Anytime my friend!" Scott said. " See ya!"

"Pika Pika!" Pikachu happily said, knowing there's a big chance of achieving their dreams.
-----------------*3 hours later*----------------------

"This tournament.... I never thought of joining it.." Ash said as he looked at the envelope. "When we get back, we have to start training right away!"

"Chaaa!" Pikachu nodded in agreement. They continue walking though Route 1, as they do, they notice a girl around their age on the side of the road, unconscious. He quickly ran towards the girl and shook her.

"Hey, you okay?!" He asked. She slowly wakes up and notices the raven-haired boy make her back away in fear while starting to hyperventilate. "Hey hey. It's fine. I'm not going to hurt you... Just, breathe." After a bit, she finally calms down.

"Do you know where you came from?" Ash asked, causing her to shake her head. "Guess she can't speak. Do you have a name?" She nodded. He goes in his bag and finds a piece of paper and pen. "Can you write it down?" She grabbed it and starting writing on it. She shows it to him, he barely can read it.

"Ell...le....na...Ellena?" Ash asked, to which she nodded. "Alright, nice to meet you, Ellena! I'm Ash, this is my partner, Pikachu!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said happily. Ellena smiles at the partners.

"Maybe Oak knows. Can you come with me?" He asked, to which she nodded and walks with him to Oak's lab. Once they arrived, they notice a giant crowd which he recognizes everyone. "What brings you guys here?"

"Ash, we have to tell you something," Brock asked.

"What is it?" Ash asked.

"You have to give up!" Max told him bluntly. Leaving Oak, Gary, and Bonnie shocked.

"W-What....?" Ash said in disbelief.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! I would like to thank a friend of mine, FemNatsuDragneel letting me use her OC, Ellena. If you want to see some more stories, go to her and there's gonna be a few.