Chapter 14: Training in Kanto Part 1

Ash is getting supplies for the next week of him and his team training. Ellena walked into his room and tap Ash's shoulder to grab his attention, which did, and the boy turned around to see what she wants to say.

"You.. sure... you..will... be... okay... alone?" Ellena signed.

"Yeah, I'll be alright. I have Pikachu and the Kanto Team with me." Ash said, Ellena tries to sign again but Ash stopped her and smile, "I promise you I won't get into trouble. We'll see within the outskirts of the cities and won't get attention to myself." Ellena sighed but nodded in confirmation. Ash grabbed the Kanto Team's pokeballs and got into Charizard, but as they got extra weight, he has to send Pidgeot and Noivern to carry some of it and set off. It took them a few hours to reach Kanto and landed in Cinnabar and decided to use the area they're in a camp and start training. After spending a while with the camp, he let the gang train or relax for a bit as get ready to fish and since he brough Lucario with him, he trained to use aura.

"Remember Ash, aura is in everyone, let it flow within and out, in a way you can connect with someone." Lucario communicated with his thoughts. Ash tried and after 10 minutes of trying, he then heard a small female voice.

"A random ball? I wonder why it's there?" Ash opens his eyes and notice the rod's poll was pulling down, showing he caught something so the raven hair boy grabbed his fishing rod and pull it back, revealing a Horesa, Ash panicked a bit but quickly caught her. She started to shiver in fear as Ash continue hearing her thoughts/voice. "D-Don't hurt me..."

"I'm not going to hurt you." Ash said softly, which left the Dragon Pokémon in shock.

"Y-You can understand me?" She asked.

"Lucario is teaching me how to use aura, just in time from hearing you." He explained.

"O-Oh, w-what are you going t-to do...?"She asked shyly. This brings back memories to a certain blonde brunette in Alola. Ash then remembered they were never there since he was betrayed, he hoped they didn't hurt her and the others and should get their fast as can. "M-Mister...?"

Ash shook from his thoughts and smile, "Just call me Ash. I do want to capture more Pokémon, but if you don't want to join us, I'm okay with it."

"I-I do want to be c-capture..." Horsea got his attention, "I-I always get t-told I'm w-weak from others...a-and just maybe... I-I could prove it..." Ash thought about his betrayal, being told he was weak and worthless.

"I know how you feel... I was told the same thing. Together, we'll be stronger together." Ash comforted and vowed, and he took out a pokeball. "So, what do you say, partners?" Horsea started at the pokeball for a bit, and then she touches the pokeball and got caught. "Welcome to the family, I promise we'll get stronger together."

*Day 2*

The last day, Ash caught a Magmar, a Shellder and a Poliwag and then got the Pokémon that were training more stronger (5 levels up Each). They pack everything up and moved to Route 10 and just outside the Power Plant.

"Blastoise, Charizard, could you help train the new members?" They nodded to Ash, "Thanks, but don't go too hard on them, they haven't got much training yesterday and far off from your experience." He went off with Pikachu and Pidgeot to look around the route and notice the power plant and decided to go in there. They caught a Electabuzz, a Magmaton, and a Voltorb and when got deep enough, Ash's hair started to straight up as Pikachu's electricity started to act up.

"My electricity is acting up more here.... I think we'll encounter something soon." Pikachu told his buddy as Ash nodded in agreement. After some time, they found a room and notice a familiar silhouette of a bird of many sharp edges glowing as feeding on the electricity of the plant.

"No way..." Ash was in awe to see one of the Bird Trio, Zapdos. It stopped as it looked at Ash.

(A/N: Ash's Pikachu's stats will be double besides Speed will be half of double, because well... this Pikachu is completely strong and even defeats Pokémon that's completely weak against so felt like it make sense)

"So, you're that human that came in my home." Zapdos said as he's getting ready to attack. "I can sense you're Pokémon's strength... but I won't let you catch me easily!" It fires a thunder at them,

"Pikachu, Iron Tail to block it!" Ash quickly told his partner as Pikachu jumped off and uses his Iron Tail to block it. "Use Trailblaze!" Pikachu quickly sped up and hit the Electric Pokémon. (Zapdos- 84%, Pikachu- Speed Up).

Zapdos uses Rain Dance to have stronger chance for Thunder to hit, but Pikachu keep on using Trailblaze to increase its Speed multiple times, making the Mouse Pokemon impossible for Zapdos to hit. Pikachu was able to chip all of it's strength and Pikachu through a pokeball.

3.....2.....1.....caught.

"Alright, we caught Zapdos buddy!" Ash said happily.

Pikachu gave a victory sign. "That's right!"

*Day 3*

Ash and the group are at the outskirts of Route 17, his becoming is training but Ash is exploring the forest nearby along with his new evolve Poliwhirl and new catch from an hour ago, Chansey.

"Ash, look at the berries over here!" Ash walks to Chansey and look at the Oran berries, "These are at the perfect time to harvest!" She shook the tree a bit to get a couple berries and gave it to her companions to try.

Poliwhril gave it a try was shock, "This was the best I ever tasted!"

Ash gave a try and smiles after the taste, "You're right. Good finding Chansey, why not take some for the gang?" They agree as they start picking a good enough number of berries, so it'll be plenty left for the wild Pokémon, but as they're heading back, they heard whimpering. Ash quickly ran to it to see some Flareons or Vaporeons dead, but one is barely hanging on to life but have heavy wounds. "No no no no no no." Ash ran to the Vaporeon and try to use his aura to heal her, but he is failing from not learning how to use it, and from how bad it was for Vaporeon. "Come on..."

"You're... helping me human..?" She asked.

"Don't waste your breathe, I'm getting help!" Ash told the Bubble Jet Pokemon as he try to communicate with his Lucario, "I don't know if you can hear me, but I need you here now Lucario!"

"It's too late for me.... but I need you.. to do something for me..." Vaporeon said to him.

"What is it.." Ash listened.

"My children.. my brother's and sister's..... please... look after them for us..." She begged him.

"I will... I promise to raise them my absolute best..." Ash told her as she cried while smiling,

"Thank you... human..." She uses her last breath, Ash cried as he digs holes for the fallen Pokemon. Thanks to Lucario's later arrival, they finish quicker.

"May you all rest in piece..." Ash said. Lucario looked under a stump and his eyes widen.

"Ash, over here!" Ash quickly went to his position and notice 8 Eevee eggs and remember his promises. "I'll look after all of you the best as I can..."