Chapter 4: Old Friend and 1st Badge

Every learning about the news, they took advantage by changing their names to hide from the world and change their entire attire again to stay hidden. Right now, Ash is wearing blue jeans, black fingerless gloves, a white tank top, black sneakers, and a gray hoodie as Ellena is wearing Demin jeans, red sneakers, a black tank top, and a red/black flannel jacket.

"Alright, first we have to go to Pewter City so that means we have to go through the forest." Ash explained, to which she nodded. As they went through the Route 2, they notice a family of Butterfree are fighting against a couple of NidoranMs and NidoranFs. As he got closer, he noticed one of them having a familiar scarf, "Hey, isn't that....?" Ash starts running towards the fight and yells out, "Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!" Pikachu jumps up and uses Thunderbolt, making the Nidorans run but two have fainted. "Go pokeball!" He threw two at once as it hit one NidoranM and NidoranF. 3.......2.......1......caught. "Alright! We caught the Nidorans!" Ash said happily.

"Pika Pi!" He gaved out a V sign to show their victory, causing Ellena giggling at their childish.

"Freeee!" The Butterfree that has a scarf goes around him.

"It's great to see you again too!" Ash said happily as they started hugging.

Ellena taps on his shoulder to get his attention and sign, "Your......Pokémon....?"

"Yeah. Butterfree's my first ever Pokemon I caught!" Ash explained more about his Butterfree. How he caught it back in the forest, and help caught a Pidgey which evolved to Pidgeot, stopped a trio that's part of an evil Organization, met a samurai who along with him, made a group of Beedrill mad and that's along to Saffron, they found Butterfree's mate and let him go with her. "So, this must be your family?"

"Freeee!" Butterfree nodded. After a small break, they said goodbye to the family and as they about to leave, Ash's Butterfree goes up to one of Ash's Pokeball and got caught. Which made Ash confused as Butterfree got out.

"What about your family?" Ash asked.

Ellena signed, "I.....saw.... hints.... of.... wanting.... to.... come.... so.... I..... told.... him.... he....can.....go..... and.... be....available.....by.....using....your.....Nano......dex......"

"Wait, I can do that?" Ash asked. Ellena shows him a manual that talked about the Nanodex, and shows an instruction that if the Pokémon is available, it can be call out of Nanodex and once returned, it'll go back to the original place. "Oh, I see....."

---------------------------*12 hours later*-------------------

After a long journey through the forest, they finally made it pass the forest and Route 2 and decided to go to the Gym. They made it inside to see Brock. Ash took a deep breath and gets closer, making sure his hood stays on.

"I'm Red Flare, and I challenge you to a battle." Ash told the Leader/ex-friend.

"Very well....." He said sadly, making Ash confused.

"Something's up...." Ash thoughted, but he shook it off as he took out a Pokeball. "Go, Nidoran!" The NidoranM(15) came out and is battle ready.

"Go, Geodude." Brock sent out Geodude(13).

"Use, Quick Attack!" Ash told his Pokemon as Nidoran attacked, but Brock didn't try to do it as Geodude(HP: 95%) took the hit, "What.... is going on?"

"Use Tackle..." Brock said. Geodude try to tackle, but Nidroan dodge it.

"Okay, what's going on. You seem too down to fight!" Ash stated, knowing Brock would never be down unless it's a girl who got married.

Brock sighed, "I made a mistake...."

"A... mistake?" He asked.

"I.... betrayed a friend who's like a brother to me..... I let his other friends go into my head...." Brock said with a large amount of guilt. "After hearing the news..... I.... felt awful.... I wish... I could say sorry" Ash notice how upset Brock is, so he got an idea to boost is motivation.

"What if I told you he's alive.....?" He asked, making Brock surprised. "If you win against me on a 1v1, I may tell you. Give me all you got...." Ash returned the Nidoran and changed it to his Noivern(50)

"Alright then...." With hope, he returned and sent out a familiar Pokémon, a Lucario(50). He looked at Brock with anger but he felt a familiar aura to Red.

"Master....?" Lucario looked at Ash, crying without letting Brock notice.

"Lucario, I know what I've done is wrong, but this guy knows where Ash is. Please, lend me your strength!" Brock explained. After a bit, he knows what's going on and get ready to fight.

(I'm going to let this happen in this chapter, but I need to ask, should I do that the Pokémon can use all the moves that it can be capable with?)

"Use Dragon Pulse!" Brock told the Lucario as he listened and fires.

"Dodge and use Acrobatics!" Ash told which Noivern dodge and hits Lucario(HP: 60%).

"Counter!" Brock quickly commanded ad Lucario returns the damage, but due to Noivern's type, it only did half damage to Noivern(HP: 60%).

"Boomburst!" Noivern tries to attack Lucario but then, Brock said, "Use Metal Sound!" Lucario try to block the attack with his owned, but Noivern increased his power, doing heavy damage to the Aura Pokemon(30%).

"We can't give up yet! Use Dragon Pulse!" Brock commanded as Lucario try one more time.

"Finish this with Acrobatics!" Ash said as Noivern finish Lucario off.

"Lucario....return... You did great." Brock said as he sighed, "Lost is a lost..."

"You really felt bad, do you?" He asked.

"Yeah.... now there's no chance..." Brock asked. The young boy turned to see Ellena nodding.

"Brock, I'm surpised you didn't notice...." Brock was confused on what's he saying as Ash took off his hood, making Brock started to cry.

"Ash!" Brock cried as he hugged his old friend tight. "I'm so sorry!"

"Hey, it's fine. As long you regret, water's under the bridge." Ash told his friend.

"I'll heal your Pokémon and Lucario." Brock does as he gave Lucario's Pokeball back. "I should tell you this."

"What is it?" He asked.

 "Before you came, some of your Pokémon seem try to protect some of the rest. Like they were forced to join, or they hurt your weaker Pokémon." Brock explained. "That's why Lucario betrayed you, he tried to protect your Pokemon."

"Is it true?" Ash asked Lucario, to which he nodded as he started to telepathically talk to Ash.

"Yes. We secretly made a plan with Charizard and the rest that they'll come with you to watch you and Ellena as we stay and look after the Pokémon." He explained.

"Thanks for telling us. And Lucario, can you teach me more about aura so it can be more useful?" Ash asked and Lucario nodded. "Thanks, you got any more of my Pokémon?"

"I'm afraid that's the only one I got. They are all so greedy..." He said with a saddened tone Ellena hugged Brock and try to speak, but all they got was grunts or noises, but sounds optimistic.

"I think she's stating that we'll get them back so don't worry." Ash said, which Ellena nodded happily.

"Thanks, and here's your badge." Brock said, showing the Boulder Badge. "But why you are retaking this?" Ash then explained the entire thing. "I see..... good luck my brother."

"Thanks, we'll give a call we can!" Ash said as they are leaving, Brock then said, "Don't do anything funny you two!" Causing Ash to blush a bit but making Ellena confused.

She signed, "What.... does.... he.... mean....?"

"Nothing important!" Ash quickly said, making Ellena more confused.