9. Saturday's Intimacy

A/N: You wouldn't believe me if I told you how long this has actually been in my drafts. I shortened the original idea simply because I won't ever finish it. I edited this short oneshot today cause I really have to clean out my Google Docs it's dusty in there.

Modern AU, Non-linear plot, Fluff, Aged-Up Characters, Less than 2K words

☀︎☽

7AM: Waking up together.
Aged: 26

Sasuke wakes with the awareness of someone else against his body. Naruto. He could not move out of his hold without stirring him awake. So he stays, hardly sleeping with the warmth of their body against his back. His body begins to take deep breaths again relaxing into this position more deeply, but he's still straying further from unconsciousness.

Naruto leans in, his head takes the place in the space between his shoulder and his neck. Sasuke really doesn't want to pull away. His body is still heavy and unwilling but he's inching away trying not to wake Naruto up. The events of his last dream became little more than echoes, but a feeling bittersweet still remains. He doesn't want to, but he really should get up now.

Naruto pulls him closer as if he knew. Sasuke starts to pull away, if he doesn't now he won't get up at all.

"I have to get up," Sasuke shoves him away, trying not to give into temptation. Naruto doesn't answer verbally, all he does is hold tighter.

"You're so clingy," Sasuke admonishes, and Naruto smiles, but his eyes aren't open yet. His husband begins to stretch to wake himself up. Sasuke sits up, watching, the sight of him always makes him soft.

"You love me though," Naruto says, his head tilting as he takes on the expression on Sasuke's face. It's a far cry from when they were teenagers and everything he did seemed to annoy him. Sasuke's expression was nothing more than lovestruck.

"I do," Sasuke answers, confidently, and it makes Naruto want to kiss him. They've been married for two years, and the love and intensity never waned at all. Naruto truly thought if soulmates exist, then that was what they were.

"Want me to make you breakfast?" Naruto offers, he doesn't have to be at the office until 9, he usually doesn't go in on Saturday, but Tsunade said she really needed him for something, and she'd give more details when he got there.

"What are you making?"

"I could make you an omelet, we have those cherry tomatoes from Ino's garden."

They really should use those before they go bad. Ino just can't help but give away the produce she grows for herself since she knows it'll go to waste if she keeps it all.

"Sounds great, thank you." Sasuke rubs the sides of his temple with the tips of his fingers. He was still not quite awake yet, but with some coffee, and Naruto's breakfast, he'd be ready to go.

10PM: Sasuke's couch
Aged: 17

There was something on his boyfriend's mind. They've only been dating for a few months now, and Naruto has never been so perpetually happy. He has his moods, and most of the time acts pretty mellow, but now he's been happy consistentally. It was almost weirding him out because Sasuke didn't know how to respond or why this was happening.

He doesn't comment on it, he's worried pointing it out will make it stop. When they watch a movie at his house, Naruto ends up using his body as a pillow. Sasuke's hand moves to comb through his hair. It was softer than he thought it was. Sasuke's own hair wasn't this soft. Naruto almost seems kind of sleepy at the movement of his hands. He doesn't slow down or pull too roughly on the strands, only moving in swirls pulling up to drag his hands along his scalp.