7. The Homosexual Agenda

A/N: In an attempt to combat writer's block, I attempted to start a oneshot for them and finish it the same day. I used to be able to write much faster when I began writing, so I guess this is me trying to do that again.

Canonverse, Post-War (but Pre-Boruto) is probably my favorite era for them so I could pretend B*ruto doesn't even exist.

Contains: Feeling Realization, Jealousy, Inability to get things through dense skulls, comically oblivious Naruto, Discussions about the alphabet mafia. Don't take too seriously pls

☀︎☽

Sasuke had never actually had to fight for Naruto's attention before. He's just always had it. Because of that, he was never in a position to make this realization before.

But here he was, trying to tell Naruto something, and he was being interrupted yet again. The attention he's always had, now had to be shared with countless others vying for it.

He's had it when they were genin, and he's had it even when he left the village. Naruto was always the one seeking him out. He was always a priority. But now it seems, things have changed.

"Naruto," Sasuke tries to grab his attention when he sees him.

He's exactly where Sasuke thought he would be, at the newly rebuilt Ichiraku Ramen. The village has been undergoing rapid construction considering the immensely destructive Pain attack. Restaurants and stores weren't considered super important so it was a while until Ichiraku was finally rebuilt. Naruto had made it his personal mission to visit frequently to make up for all of the times he hasn't gone while it wasn't up and running and while the war was going on. Sasuke thinks he's already had more than his fair share to make up for it, but Naruto would not be deterred.

"Yeah?" Naruto answers with a mouthful of noodles and a halfway nod in Sasuke's direction, "Want a bowl? I'm paying!"

"No, I'm only here for a second," Sasuke says, waving his hand. He only came to ask a question and hopefully get away before too many people had a chance to see him.

"Do you want to spar tomorrow?"

He's been trying to get Naruto's full attention for a while now, not knowing entirely what he wanted to say in that time, but it was hard to even get to that one step of being alone to even work out what he would say. So his solution, was to ask to spar. It would take them away from the civilians, and certainly Hinata wouldn't come to bother them while they were in the midst of a fight. So this seemed like a good idea to him. Besides, his muscles were aching for some use already. It was mundane living here not fighting.

He has lived his whole life learning to fight what the hell was he supposed to do with peace.

"I would like to..."

Sasuke's heart sinks with a rejection he didn't prepare himself for because he didn't even think it was coming.

"I miss sparing with you, but I promised I would go on a date with Hinata tomorrow, sorry. How about the day after...?" Naruto sounds truly upset about this situation he's been put in. But all Sasuke can hear is the fact Naruto said he was going on a date.

"A date," Sasuke says back, some disbelief is in there.

Naruto is sincere in his answer, Sasuke knows this. Some (large) selfish part of him wants Naruto to blow Hinata off for him, but Naruto's kindness won't allow him to. (Sasuke won't think for a second that Naruto actually wants to go on a date with Hinata Hyuga because he reciprocates her feelings. How absurd.)