9

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"I was told you could help me."

"Yes." The man paused, approaching the other males as his hands moved to rest on the table. "Yes, we can. Do you happen to know how?"

"By killing me."

Yeonjun expected a different reaction from the other side. In fact, there was none. It felt just like that man heard those words twenty times a day in that office. It was nothing to worry about, nothing to be alarmed over, and that was not something Yeonjun was used to - that was a completely different reality.

There, he wasn't different: just another one.

"Okay." The older tapped on the table once. "Before anything, let me introduce myself." A smile interrupted the seriousness on his lips. "I'm Park Jimin, and I've been running this organization for seven years now. I've helped hundreds of people like you and, of course, you won't be an exception."

Then, there were five seconds of silence, and Yeonjun felt like maybe he was supposed to say something he had no idea about.

"I- I'm Choi Yeonjun."

"I know." Jimin looked at Beomgyu, who immediately stood up and left the office. "You're probably curious about all of this, aren't you?"

"A little." Yeonjun cleared his throat, and Jimin pushed his office chair backwards.

"Alright..." The male slowly nodded his head, taking a deep breath. "This is how it works, Yeonjun: you'll be living here with us for a short time, something about ten days. During that time, you can eat whenever you want, sleep the time you feel like sleeping, study whatever you want, read whatever you wish, watch TV, play whatever videogame you usually play... it's all up to you."

Yeonjun raised his eyebrows, landing both his palms on his lap - Beomgyu hadn't mentioned all those things Jimin was enumerating. Not even close.

"Also, we give you a chance to record an audio, write a letter, buy a gift or even film a video and send it to people of your choice."

"When are you guys killing-"

"On the tenth day, you'll be called to enter a room. You'll be injected with a deadly chemical that, in about two or three seconds, it ends for you."

"Is that it?"

"Yes."

"What? Do you guys have some kind of jacuzzi here? Do you actually make sure I go to heaven too?" He was clearly, notably, very surprised: he had even moved his torso closer to Jimin's desk without even noticing.

You're dreaming, asshole.

"Do you want us to?"

The boy gulped and, pressing his back against the chair again, widened his eyes, chuckling.

"Please."

"There are only five rules you must follow." Yeonjun's silence was the comment Jimin had foreseen, causing him to slightly smile. "First, you cannot, under any circumstance, get outside or open any window. Second, we'll take your phone and any more gadgets you have with you: in case of contact with someone outside, no matter who it is, you'll be kicked out immediately." He raised a finger at each rule he enumerated, speaking with a serious tone he hadn't used before. "Third, your letter, video, audio... whatever it is you want to make will be revised by our team. Fourth, you must attend every meeting scheduled with our doctor and take every single pill he tells you to take. Fifth, and last, you can never mention this organization to anyone who's not here with you." Then, out of nowhere, Jimin's smile came back into sight, bringing down his five fingers. "Any question?"