Chapter 49: Shadow Garden

Start from the beginning

The Creation Trio fought with God itself to stop it from destroying humanity after the girl Sheena realizes that she had a fake Jewel of Life—which was made by merging five Plates and was originally given to a guy named Damos by Arceus to show its gratitude after saving it when it expended all its energy to stop a meteor from destroying all of humanity—and Dialga sends them back in time to fix everything.

Okay, how the fuck did God use up all its energy to stop a meteor? Didn't it create the universe? That was some stupid logic.

So Damos was hypnotized by a Bronzong, which belonged to some guy named Marcus, into attacking Arceus when it asked for the Jewel of Life back because Marcus was a dumbass who though defying God was a good idea.

A lot of bullshit time travel shenanigans happened, but they eventually defeat Marcus and gave Arceus back the Jewel of Life using Sheena—who was Damos' descendent—and Damos' asspull communicating-with-Pokemon ability.

Ash didn't get hurt when handling the Jewel of Life. I knew the Arceus Plate had rejected me because I was the Chosen One of Giratina, but I wasn't going to tell Brock that.

"And Damos made a mural of us as thanks for helping him save the world," Brock said cheerfully, as if he was talking about what he ate for breakfast and not that humanity was almost wiped out because of some dumbass.

We really almost got nuked by God because some idiotic asshat wanted their Clash of Clans base to look better.

***

The three of us stopped at the Pokemon Center at Neon Town and ate some dinner before settling in for the night in our rooms. Like always, Trinity and I shared a room.

Some people might think it's weird for us to share a room, but Trinity and I are like siblings at this point. We're more comfortable with each other than with anybody else. It's been this way since the first time we shared a room. Besides, it's not like anything weird is going to happen.

"Goodnight," I yawned from the top bunk.

"Night," Trinity said warmly.

Eevee licked my face curled on my chest like always. I pat her on the head, and she exhaled softly, taking comfort like always. I noticed faint sparks of electricity crackle around her as I petted her.

"Whoa, control your electricity," I said with a wry smile. "Leave the shocking to Pikachu."

"Pika?" Pikachu's questioning voice rang from below me.

"Nothing, don't worry about it," I tried to snicker. Eevee was covering her mouth with her tail in an attempt to hide her laughter.

"Just go to sleep," Trinity muttered.

"Yes, Mom," I said sardonically.

Trinity grumbled something I couldn't hear but stopped talking altogether.

I smirked and closed my eyes, allowing the shadow of slumber to overtake me, as was its wont.

***

A tenebrous curtain was draped over my consciousness. Streaks of purple light pulsed through the dark sky above. Occasionally, I heard haunted howls echoing from the distance. Distant shapes I couldn't make out frequently flew through the sky, disappearing moments later.

"What? Where am I?" I wondered, looking around the void I found myself in.

"Welcome, my Chosen One. You have finally made it," a voice boomed from behind me.

I whipped around, my eyes training on the source of the voice. My eyes widened at the grand sight in front of me.

 My eyes widened at the grand sight in front of me