Chapter 16: Pewter City Gym Part 2

Vali's POV

Every step I took toward Brock made my heart beat with anticipation. This was it, my first Gym Battle, and one I was intent on winning. I let Trinity go first because it allowed me to formulate strategies as I watched them fight. But I couldn't shake off the nagging feeling that Brock didn't show all his tricks.

I stood on the opposite side of the battlefield, meeting Brock's eyes.

"So, it's your turn, Vali?" Brock said with a grin.

"I've been fired up from watching the last battle," I returned the smirk.

"Evori!" Eevee agreed cheerfully.

Brock laughed with amusement. "I've been waiting for this as well. After having a rock-hard battle with Trinity, I am excited to see what you have to offer!"

"I'll show you that I have a lot to offer," I promised.

"Very well," Brock's face became more formal. "The rules are the same; I can only use two pokemon. Are you ready to begin?"

"Of course."

"Then let's begin! Geodude, come out!" he threw his pokeball into the air and Geodude came out.

"Geodude!" it yelled in excitement. Brock had healed both Geodude and Onix after their battle with Pikachu and Ralts.

"Heh," I said with mirth. I took out Ralts's pokeball and threw it. "Let's do this."

Ralts came out of the pokeball. "Ralts!" she exclaimed.

"Another Ralts?" Brock mused. "Interesting. Geodude, Gyro Ball!"

Gyro Ball? Why hadn't he used that before? I guess that meant I was right—Brock didn't show his whole arsenal. He probably knew what I was thinking.

"Ralts, Confusion!" I ordered.

"Ralts, Ralts!" she obliged, preparing to launch psychic power at Geodude.

To our dismay, Geodude was much too fast. Geodude became a ball of steel, slamming into Ralts before she could even blast it.

"Ralts!" Ralts cried out, being flung away by Geodude's overwhelming force. She fell to the ground, trying to get up.

"Shit," I cursed, looking at Brock. "You knew what I was trying to do?"

Brock chuckled, "Of course; I knew you would try to study my battle tactics, so I hid a couple tricks." He admitted. "Geodude, Mega Punch!"

"Geo!" Geodude's fists glowed with fiery orange light. With a bellow, he threw a punch at Ralts, who was just getting up.

As if I would let it.

"Ralts, Teleport!"

"Ralts!" she obeyed, disappearing as Geodude punched, its fists sailing harmlessly through the empty air.

"Disarming Voice!'

Ralts materialized behind the oblivious Geodude. "Raaaaalts!" she shouted in her usual singsong voice, a wave of pink energy coming out of her as she did. The pink mass blasted Geodude backward, making it crash into a boulder.

"Geo..." it groaned in discomfort.

"Haha!" Brock laughed. "I was not expecting that at all! I didn't expect Ralts to know Teleport. But it's not over yet. Geodude, Dig!"

"Geodude!" it shook off its daze. With two strong fists, it began to punch the ground repeatedly until it began to be swallowed by the earth's embrace. I felt a rumble underground as Geodude was furiously digging below us. I had no idea where it would end up.