Chapter 7: A Journey

Both Pikachu and Eevee crashed into each other, the collision of force proving to be equal as both were flung backwards.

They didn't look very damaged, but they did look dazed. Both stood up, waiting for our orders. They looked to be pretty evenly matched. But that wouldn't last long.

Trinity didn't know Pikachu's moves. He just used Tackle, but his three other moves are still enigmas until he shows them.

"We're both trainers, Vali." Trinity said. "But even if you have an advantage when it comes to knowing your pokemon, me and Pikachu are going to win!"

"Not so fast! Eevee, Swift!"

"Eevee!" Eevee flicked her bushy in Pikachu's direction. A stream of stars shot out it, making their way to Pikachu at fast speeds.

Trinity's didn't know what to do, but she trusted Pikachu. "Pikachu! Do something!"

"Pika!" Pikachu's tail started to glow, its color turning metallic. He swung his tail, which made a clanging sound as it batted away the Swift.

Trinity grinned, "Oh? So you know Iron Tail? Okay then, use Iron Tail!"

"Chu!" Pikachu said in agreement, and he jumped into the air, swinging his metallic tail overhead, trying to slam Eevee with it.

"Eevee, use Tackle to dodge it," I ordered.

"Ee, Vee," Eevee nimbly used its burst of speed caused by Tackle to swerve out of the Iron Tail's way.

"That's an interesting use of Tackle," Trinity said, mildly impressed, "but you can't escape Pikachu. Use your tail to launch yourself Pikachu!"

Pikachu's tail twitched. He used it like a lever, using it to propel himself to Eevee, who stood there, defenseless. "Pikaaa."

I grunted, "Swift."

"Eevee," stars surrounded her tail, and instead of using it offensively, she used it to block the Iron Tail. Sparks flew as their moves intercepted each other, a blanket of wind whipping my hair.

Pikachu started to overpower Eevee, which made sense due to him having the stronger move. But how did Pikachu know Iron Tail already? It shouldn't be able to learn it yet. But whatever, I had to find a way to deal with it. And good thing I already knew how: to use it against him.

"Eevee, use Mimic!" I shouted.

"Eevee!" a purple orb shot out of Pikachu, before getting absorbed by Eevee.

"Now! Iron Tail!"

Like Pikachu, Eevee's tail became metallic. But instead of looking like a sword, it looked more like some kind of club or mace. Combined with her Swift, it gave Eevee enough power to win the struggle, smacking Pikachu straight in the stomach.

"Pika!" Pikachu cried out in pain as it was smacked into the ground.

"Pikachu!" Trinity shouted. "Come on, you can do it. Thunder Shock!"

Pikachu got on its feet, electricity sparking from its cheek pouches. "Pika... chuuuu!" it shouted as arcs of lightning were shot at Eevee at nearly unseeable speeds.