234: Soaring Blue Sky Education Consultancy

"Get a... a duoluozhong's number?" Rena could never imagine hearing such a request from Hannie's mouth in a thousand years. She had already prepared herself mentally as she thought that Hannie would get her to hurt herself or jump off a building or something along that thread. When she heard it was a seemingly simple task, she was a little stunned momentarily.

'How could the task be so simple? Is it not even dangerous? How does the requester have an advantage?' Rena thought.

However, Hannie had not finished speaking. "The time limit for this request is 20 minutes. The number you receive must be an actual phone number. It doesn't matter if the call can or cannot be connected. The executor must appear in front of the requester before the time limit. The gender of the duoluozhong does not matter. Start!"

After Hannie finished her monotonous instructions, Rena immediately completed the request.

Hannie had to stand in the same spot to wait for Rena to return as long as her ability was still activated. As a result, Rena didn't have to worry that Hannie would run off and help Derik fight against Lin Sanjiu.

20 minutes was neither a long nor short time. Before Rena could get a phone number, she had to look for a duoluozhong. However, things don't usually go the way one wants. When Rena didn't need a duoluozhong, they seemed everywhere, and it was impossible to eliminate them all. Yet, when Rena wanted to find one, she couldn't even see a single duoluozhong in sight after running and looking around for five minutes.

Rena estimated the time she spent and stopped. She couldn't run too far as she could not reach Hannie in time. After she surveyed her surroundings, Rena started to feel a little anxious.

"Where do spirits usually appear?"

There were just bank and financial buildings in the street that Rena was in. They all looked sparkling new and seemed to give off the aura of elitism. No matter what, it didn't seem like any spirits were in those buildings.

'Honestly, there are not many urban legends about banks.' After Rena thought about it, she stomped and quickly dashed into one of the buildings. Even though Rena was confident, she had heard ghost stories about offices before. As long as strange tales, urban legends, or ghost stories exist, there would be a real possibility of the relevant spirits in this world.

When Rena entered, she found that the office building was dimly lit. There were only a few flickering fluorescent lights along the corridors. As Rena raced across a corridor, the lights would suddenly start flickering rapidly. The constantly changing light intensity was very disorienting. Rena thought she saw someone standing in a corner. Paranoid, Rena moved closer to look at it, but it was just a projection.

"Are there any ghosts around?" Rena ran through a few floors. The flickering lights made her more and more flustered. She grew more and more anxious with each passing second. "Quick, can one of you just appear?!"

She ran past some education consultancy firms and turned into another corridor. There was a female toilet at the end of the corridor. Usually, many ghost stories are set in a female toilet. From afar, Rena could already spot that the toilet door was half open. An indoor plant at the entrance of the toilet had been kicked aside. Even a piece of toilet paper was stuck on one of the walls. Even though the toilet had started to fall into desolation, there didn't seem to be any spirits around.

"Come on. Has it been 9 minutes already?" Rena took a breath and headed for the toilet, unwilling to accept the situation. She never had a good concept of time, so she wasn't sure how much time had passed, "I would need five minutes to get a phone number and two to three minutes to run back, so..."