218: Revelation Chapter 2

The siblings continued from where they stopped and told Lin Sanjiu about their experiences. With everyone's narratives, they were getting closer to the truth.

AN IMPORTANT TURNING POINT WAS WHEN I FLEW UPSTAIRS AND FOUND RENA.

Lin Sanjiu found that it was too slow for her to write on her skull and instead chose to write on the dusty marble floor of the train station.

BEFORE THAT, THE BUILDING DID NOT EVEN CARE TO RECOGNIZE MY EXISTENCE. THIS WAS WHY I WAS UNPREPARED WHEN I FOUND TWO PAIRS OF SIBLINGS IN THE BUILDING WHOSE IDENTITIES I COULDN'T ASCERTAIN.

IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, IF I WEREN'T AROUND, YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN HAVE REALIZED THAT THE PERSON BESIDE EACH OF YOU WAS A SPIRIT. YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T KNOW THAT THERE WAS ANOTHER YOU IN THE BUILDING, RIGHT?

Seeing Reno and Rena nodding, Lin Sanjiu continued writing: FOR THE BUILDING, THE BEST SCENARIO IS THAT NEITHER OF YOU EVER FINDS OUT THAT THE PERSON BESIDE YOU IS AN IMPERSONATOR. THE ROOMS CAN MOVE AROUND LIKE TOY BLOCKS, SO YOU WOULD NEVER MEET EACH OTHER. IF YOU WERE KILLED BY THE DUOLUOZHONG BESIDE YOU WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING, THAT WOULD BE SIMPLE.

However, the siblings had Lin Sanjiu with them for better or worse.

After a few encounters with those duoluozhongs, Lin Sanjiu could more or less tell what her Higher Consciousness form meant to them. She was like a floating piece of cotton wadding. A normal person wouldn't chase after it just to smack it to the ground. No matter what the duoluozhongs were planning, they certainly didn't calculate her existence into their plans.

When that cotton wadding has self-awareness and some abilities, it becomes an unexpected bug in a well-programmed process. When Lin Sanjiu discovered the fake siblings' plan, the building finally realized its mistake.

I WOULD SAY THAT THIS BUILDING IS CRAFTY BECAUSE IT GUESSED CORRECTLY WHAT I WANTED TO DO NEXT AND QUICKLY MADE PREPARATIONS.

When those words appeared, the siblings, who had been matching their experiences with Lin Sanjiu, understood what she meant immediately.

"At this point, the building planned for me and Rena to meet," Reno added with conviction.

When Lin Sanjiu brought Rena down one floor to look at the additional pair of siblings, the building moved away from that apartment unit. When Lin Sanjiu and Rena were at a loss, the real Reno appeared. Since that 'prank,' this was the first time the siblings reunited.

"Damn, it's smart," Reno said as he clicked his tongue. "Anyway, when someone finds out that there is an imposter around, his or her first thought would be to verify if that person is who they truly claim to be. And when that happens, the building would replace the imposter with the real person."

Lin Sanjiu agreed somewhat helplessly with a slight nod. The plan to verify their identities by their abilities was logically sound. However, they were playing into its trap once the building was prepared for this."

THE BUILDING USED THE RESULT OF OUR VERIFICATION TO FOOL US. AFTER BOTH OF YOU HAD DISPLAYED YOUR ABILITIES TO PROVE YOUR IDENTITIES, RENO AND I WENT TO ANOTHER APARTMENT UNIT ACROSS THE CORRIDOR FROM WHERE RENA WAS. AT THAT TIME, I DID NOT KNOW THAT THE APARTMENT UNITS WERE BEING MOVED AROUND. I ONLY KNEW THAT RENO WAS ON MY RIGHT, RENA WAS ON MY LEFT, AND THAT BOTH OF YOU WERE REAL. THAT WAS UNTIL THE FAKE RENO INFORMED ME THAT HE SUSPECTED THE REAL RENA WASN'T HIS SISTER. I WAS STUNNED THEN.

Lin Sanjiu sighed, feeling a little scared when she remembered that situation.

OF ALL THINGS, HIS ANALYSIS OF RENA'S ABILITIES DID MAKE SENSE. THE DUOLUOZHONGS WHO WERE IMPERSONATING YOU KNEW EVERYTHING THAT HAD HAPPENED EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE NOT AROUND. FROM THIS, WE CAN INFER THAT THE BUILDING HAD CONSTANTLY MONITORED OUR EVERY MOVEMENT SINCE THE BEGINNING.

Kisaragi Station || Apocalypse Paradise #3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें