206: They Are Indeed Themselves

If Lin Sanjiu wanted to verify the identity of this Reno, she knew what she had to do. She flew toward the siblings and put herself between them, pretending it was unintentional. Rena was so annoyed that she had to tilt her head to look past Lin Sanjiu to see where she was going that caused her to keep grumbling. However, Lin Sanjiu didn't care. She followed the siblings up to the 15th floor, where Lin Sanjiu found Rena just minutes ago, and what she assumed was the 16th floor.

Honestly, she wasn't quite sure which floor was which now.

When they opened the door to the apartment unit, Lin Sanjiu saw the familiar dimly lit living room with a little light pouring in through the windows.

Reno casually reached for the light switch and asked, "Why didn't you switch on the lights?"

'Yeah? Why did Rena sit alone in the darkness when she was waiting for us? If she was a little scared, wouldn't it be better to switch on the light?' Lin Sanjiu thought.

Rena complained, "And you said this was a good apartment. The lights are spoiled!"

Click. Click. Click. Reno tried the switch a few times, but the ceiling light remained dark.

Lin Sanjiu suddenly grew suspicious. 'Isn't this too much of a coincidence?'

They weren't that concerned that the light bulb had fused, as posthumans had some level of enhanced night vision. After a troubling night, the two humans and a brain no longer felt like sleeping. They sat cross-legged in a circle on the bed and started chatting.

"I think there is something weird about this building," Reno stroked his nose, maintaining his non-serious attitude, "But for some reason, we can't see them."

'Weird is an understatement,' Lin Sanjiu thought. 'Right now, I can't even be sure if either of you is something else entirely.'

If Lin Sanjiu wanted to figure out if they were imposters, there was no way she could use the method of asking a question only the real person knows. After all, she got acquainted with the siblings not long ago, so there was no way she would know what questions to ask them. Furthermore, she didn't know who to trust and who to suspect. But there was certainly one thing that could determine their identities and allow them to prove themselves.

As the siblings bickered and discussed, Rena, with her sharper intuition, noticed the gray brain by their side. As Lin Sanjiu regained her Higher Consciousness over time, her brain form grew. At some portions, a skull seemed to be forming. With more material, Lin Sanjiu could write longer sentences.

At that moment, Lin Sanjiu spelled: CAN YOU TWO ACTIVATE YOUR ABILITIES NOW?

"Why? Everything seems fine," Rena's brows slowly furrowed, "I can only activate my ability with a target. Who should I use it on?"

Lin Sanjiu had already thought of this. Reno's almanac ability would affect his target with a curse. Even though it was dangerous, it would only work if there were enemies who would hurt her. No duoluozhong would attack her with her current body, so it shouldn't be a problem if she received another curse. Meanwhile, Rena's [No depiction of body parts below the neck] could be used on Reno. If she was the real thing, she wouldn't use her full strength. If she was a fake, she wouldn't be able to activate that ability.

After contemplating for a while, Lin Sanjiu concluded that there wasn't anything wrong with the plan. She proceeded to meticulously outline the plan for the siblings. Although they were perplexed, they eagerly complied, finding the instructions entertaining. While Lin Sanjiu endeavored to ensure nothing would go awry, Rena had thrown Reno to the ground numerous times, erupting into laughter.