217: Revelation Chapter 1

"So, what actually happened?" Rena plopped down on the stairs leading to the train station while she asked that question breathlessly. The siblings had never been in such a sorry state. When Lin Sanjiu first saw them on the train, they were high-spirited and did not care about their surroundings. Their previous attitudes had been destroyed by the dirt, bloodstains, and wounds that covered them. Their clothes were in tatters, and they looked like a pair of homeless children on the street. Rena had lost a shoe, so she walked around with one gray, dirty foot. Reno's hair was in a poofy mess after the explosion; as he was too close to the blast, his face was covered in thick black soot that even blurred his features.

After resting for more than an hour, the siblings, with their sore bodies, gradually regained some of their hearing.

"Hey, how could he be my brother?" Rena spat out some dirt from her mouth. Lin Sanjiu could see the suspicion on the girl's face despite the dirt and blood on her face. As Rena had just regained her hearing, she still found it hard to hear, so she spoke loudly, "If a normal person rotates his head 180°, wouldn't he die?"

Reno shot a glance at his sister, feeling he was treated unjustly. "I have been hearing you babbling about 180° this and that. What the heck are you talking about? When did I ever do that? Why don't you show me how it is done?"

"It's true! If you don't believe me, you can ask Lin Sanjiu—"

Lin Sanjiu, still feeling the heartache of losing a large amount of Higher Consciousness she had worked so hard to recover, looked at the two teenagers when they called her name and found them staring at her, waiting for her answer. She couldn't help feeling a little guilty.

Even though she had successfully saved the siblings, she knew it was largely due to luck. Though she had understood what happened, she still couldn't explain many points. The teenagers weren't stupid; perhaps, once they saw the situation from her deduction, they could put the pieces together and somewhat get to the bottom.

Lin Sanjiu thought for a moment and organized her thoughts. Then, she started writing on her skull. The siblings knew that she couldn't explain the entire situation in a few words, so they were very patient. While they cleaned their wounds, they looked at Lin Sanjiu occasionally, ensuring that they did not miss a single word.

THAT THING WHICH COULD TURN ITS HEAD 180° WAS NO LIVING PERSON. WE DID SEE THE SPIRIT POSING AS RENO. Though Lin Sanjiu had used up much of her Higher Consciousness, her training over these few days allowed her to use her Higher Consciousness more effectively. It was almost as if it was a part of her body, so she could now write her words in the time of a flashing thought.

"Huh, but I monitored him constantly." Rena pointed to her brother. The latter listened to his sister with a blank face and an open mouth. "I didn't see him being swapped! Besides, without the cooperation of the real person, how could the spirits swap their identities so easily?" Rena argued.

HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT THE BUILDING ITSELF WAS PROBLEMATIC? Lin Sanjiu replied in words. She immediately felt that explaining some parts of the situation was difficult. She decided to start from the beginning. Many points still didn't make sense to her, and this was an opportunity for the siblings to help make sense of things.

I THINK THE KEY TO THIS MYSTERY LIES IN THE BUILDING ITSELF. FOR SOME REASON, THE RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS IN THIS AREA HAVE ALL BECOME SPIRITS. NORMALLY, THEY CAN'T MOVE. BUT WE IMMEDIATELY BECAME ITS PREY WHEN WE ENTERED THAT PARTICULAR BUILDING. After witnessing how the building could change its structure, it wasn't hard for the siblings to imagine, so they nodded in agreement.

I DON'T KNOW HOW THESE DEMONIC BUILDINGS USUALLY CAPTURE THEIR PREY, Lin Sanjiu paused for a bit, deliberating over her words, BUT YOU TWO ARE NOT EASY PICKINGS.