221: 221

There exists a type of person that becomes cooler-headed the direr the situation they are in.

When Lin Sanjiu's gaze fell on the blond man before her, she felt like someone had doused her head with a bucket of ice water. Her mind rapidly grew calmer before she could feel any panic or fear. As she scanned the area around her, Lin Sanjiu quickly understood her situation.

She was flying out of the 26th floor when she was suddenly trapped in a cylindrical item on the floor in less than a second. By the looks of it, she had been sucked into that item.

"Is it some sort of powerful Special Item?" Mrs. Manas suddenly mumbled. After hearing her words, Lin Sanjiu felt less worried. Her original skull form was forced into a long cylindrical shape. The only features that remained were Lin Sanjiu's two eye sockets. She was staring out from the transparent glass cylinder. Lin Sanjiu did not try to throw herself against the glass wall. She didn't even struggle. She just floated in the cylinder, observing her outside world silently.

"Huh? Why are you so quiet?" The blond man raised a brow. "You were zooming around, trying to escape us just moments ago. Are you smart or stupid?" He spoke in a rather intimate tone, almost like he was putting himself in her shoes. One could almost mistake him for an old friend of Lin Sanjiu's.

The blond man was the only person nearby. Lin Sanjiu didn't know where the other members of his team were. The small black tower that launched the arrow into the air sat quietly on the floor. The building's lobby was not far from them.

'Did the other members enter the building?' Lin Sanjiu thought involuntarily. 'If so, that would be great! This would create a good opportunity for me to escape!'

Unfortunately, her Higher Consciousness Scan did not allow her to see through walls. She could see what was outside the the glass cylinder container she was in, but she could not see if there was anyone in the lobby, so she couldn't confirm anything.

Lin Sanjiu considered her situation. The blond man had caught her yet didn't attempt to signal or inform his teammates. After thinking for a few seconds, Lin Sanjiu wrote a question under his watchful gaze: DID THEY ENTER THAT BUILDING?

"You're a rare duoluozhong," the blond man said softly. "You made the Gangrene Chaser chase after you for quite some time and even led it into a trap. You must be very powerful."

His accent sounded very weird. Even though his voice was mellow and rich, it just sounded weird. It was as if he was using another language to speak Mandarin. Lin Sanjiu didn't think too much about it. Facing such an attitude, Lin Sanjiu only allowed herself to feel fretful for a few minutes. Following this, she realized that if she read between the lines, she already had her answer: his teammates had entered the building. If she had guessed incorrectly, the man wouldn't have praised her.

'Did they enter the building to retrieve that arrow? Can that demonic spirit swallow three people at once? Why didn't this blond man follow them into the building?' The memory of the incident at the train station entrance gradually surfaced in Lin Sanjiu's mind. She deliberated over her words and wrote: YOUR TEAM'S MISSION IS TO GET DUOLUOZHONGS.

Lin Sanjiu couldn't think of another reason for their actions. This was the first time she had met these people, so there wasn't  any bad blood between them, and she even avoided crossing their path by moving away discreetly. However, the team chased after her so fervently once they saw her. On top of that, the man merely trapped her with this item. Since they hadn't tried to kill her immediately, Lin Sanjiu could somehow guess their objectives.

ARE YOU GUYS TRYING TO CATCH POWERFUL DUOLUOZHONGS?

"Huh?" The blond man pushed up his eyewear, revealing long, narrow eyes. Lin Sanjiu had seen quite a few handsome men during her journey, like Hei Zeji, Li Zhijun, and Gong Daoyi, whose handsome looks were all hard to come by. But this was her first time seeing a man with such stunning features that were almost heart-gripping. Under the faint light of the night sky, his dark green eyes looked as deep as a pool in a forest. Under the sunlight, his eyes would probably look like clear, flawless jade.

But the man's expression wasn't as easy to read. He raised a brow and asked with some interest, "How did you deduce that?"

Lin Sanjiu didn't want to waste time chatting with him, so she wrote: YOU CAUGHT THE WRONG PERSON. I'M NOT A DUOLUOZHONG, MUCH LESS A POWERFUL ONE. Noticing that the man's expression didn't change, Lin Sanjiu figured he didn't believe her. She added: BUT I KNOW WHERE YOU CAN FIND ONE.

When the blond man grinned, his face almost shone. He sat on the ground lazily, acting uninterested in what she had to say. However, Lin Sanjiu noticed the glint that flashed in his eyes.

"You just want me to let you go, don't you?" He looked down as he rubbed the faint stubble on his chin. "That's impossible. Don't bother trying."

'Bullshit. How would I know if I don't try?' Lin Sanjiu thought. She wrote: IF YOU WANT, I CAN TELL YOU WHERE YOU CAN FIND A POWERFUL DUOLUOZHONG, AND YOUR TEAMMATES WON'T EVEN HEAR A HINT OF IT.

She examined the man's expression anxiously, placing all her bets on the possibility that the man had a somewhat bad working relationship with his team.

The man narrowed his eyes again, his thick lashes creating two smooth arcs. He hesitated and said, "Oh?"

'Here's my chance!' Lin Sanjiu thought, her heart racing. Even though she didn't know why they were trying to catch duoluozhongs and why this man wanted to keep those duoluozhongs for himself, she knew that as long as her offer tempted him, she had a chance to escape.

IN EXCHANGE, WHEN YOU CATCH THAT POWERFUL DUOLUOZHONG, I HOPE YOU WILL LET ME GO.

The blond man read her words and looked at her eye sockets. His dark green eyes had a sort of magnetism. "Aren't you worried that I will go back on my words?"

Lin Sanjiu wrote: I DON'T HAVE A REAL CHOICE. I CAN'T MAKE ANY BARGAINS. THIS IS THE BEST I CAN DO. I WILL LEAVE THE REST TO FATE.

"I like your attitude." The blond man's smile grew wide. Almost childishly, he reached for the container and shook it lightly twice as if shaking her hands. "I accept your deal. I'm Silvan."