It was still giving me a whiplash-driving home and taking a different route from where I was used to, knowing I wasn't alone anymore. Things went a little rushed, I knew, and the more I thought about it, the more I couldn't believe it. Who knew that I'd end up living with my college crush? I couldn't have predicted it despite my crazy fantasies before.

In my car, I rested my phone on the dash and shot a picture of me behind the wheel, making a peace sign with my fingers, warm lights cutting across my face. I sent it right away and saw that Jungkook had seen it at once which meant he'd been on his phone, and it didn't take long until mine pinged with a text: Please hurry, I miss you. And the fried chicken, please... Just kidding, drive safe, Doc! See you soon.

I put a hand on my hip, pretending to appear sulking as I placed the bucket on the coffee table, staring my boyfriend down. "You looked happier when you saw the food, is this what we've come to?" I kicked off my shoes.

Jungkook grinned, eyeglasses perched on his nose. He took his laptop out of his lap and eased himself off the couch. "Told you, I'm missing fried chicken."

We texted and called when we could, and most of the time I was counting the hours until I could see him face to face, and it was tiring to do all the math. Jungkook bridged the gap to wrap an arm around me and kissed me on the forehead. This was always way different than just mere phone calls. Here, I could feel and hear him vividly. I could see the way he'd say things and get a read on them, on every little movement he did, even the miniscule change of his expressions.

He helped me get my backpack off my back and placed it on the couch.

"Sorry, are you hungry?" I asked him, watching him prepare dinner. He scooped up bowls of rice from the rice cooker, put a small pot of soup on the table and took out the bucket of chicken from its plastic bag. He took homemade meals seriously, but cooking takes a lot of time and effort and I didn't want him to spoil me a lot. I could handle dinner reheats and takeaways if that meant saving his energy. I couldn't be trusted much in the kitchen, but I wanted to learn. Must be real nice to make something. As much as he could, he made sure there was dinner on the table when I got home. Thinking of it could make me cry. Which was why I tried my best to go home as much as possible, even if I could stay only for an hour or two before leaving again. We wouldn't have this as much once he got back in residency.

"I've been snacking on cookies, so not much. Are you?"

"I'm starving," I complained.

"I pack you little snacks but you never seem to eat them."

I snorted. "I do! You just give me plenty of them. I can't finish everything."

"Share them with the residents. Or Tae," he offered.

"You don't have to tell him twice. He always asks me what I've got in my bag when he comes to see me. He loves those big chocolate bars and peanut butter cups. Good thing he's not allergic to peanuts."

Jungkook's brows furrowed. "Really? Those chocolates are for you! They're off limits to him. I'm gonna tell him off."

I gave him a strange look, moving to his side. "No, it's okay. You didn't mind me sharing food with him before."

"I do now. He can't steal my girlfriend's food." There wasn't a hint of humor in his eyes so I couldn't tell whether he was serious or just fooling around.

"He's not stealing. You literally just told me to share with him."

"Do you know how expensive those chocolates are? I buy them only for you. Give him anything else, just not those."