22. Pump This Venom Gaping Hole

"Do you wanna do something for Thanksgiving?" Gerard asked casually. "Sorry, we've left it a bit late to prepare anything properly."

He and Frank were lounging around in the living room, the fireplace in front of them crackling away thanks to the wood that Gerard had brought in from the forest. Frank's guitar rested across his lap, and Gerard had his face buried in a book. Thanksgiving was precisely nine hours and twenty-three minutes away, and the pair had spent their day at home, avoiding the traffic, the chaos, and the cold outside. There were people travelling to visit their families, people doing last minute grocery shopping; it was, overall, a colossal shitfight.

"We could, if you want," Frank said. "I mean, I'm vegetarian, so I don't care too much about the food. And obviously you won't be having anything, so..."

"Do you have a tradition or anything?" The vampire asked. "Something that you normally do on Thanksgiving?"

"Uhh..." Frank paused, thinking for a moment. "I mean, with my parents it was just the usual, boring shit. Once they kicked me out I started having it with Ray's family. Pretty normal, just dinner. I'd eat the side dishes instead of the turkey; Ray's mom would cook sweet potato casserole."

"We could make that, if you want," Gerard suggested.

"Ehh..." Frank trailed off. "It was good, but like, too much of a hassle. Maybe we could get takeout? See what restaurants are open tomorrow."

"Ooh, that sounds nice." Gerard put his book down, wandering over to join Frank on the couch. "What're we thinking? Thai, Chinese, Pizza?"

"Chinese might be nice," Frank mused. He leaned over to set his guitar down on its stand, pulling Gerard on top of him. Ever since the weather had gotten colder, Frank had migrated from the library to the living room, spending his time indoors in front of the fireplace. Consequently, his guitar had made the move with him. 

Gerard straddled Frank's thighs, planting a firm kiss on his lips. Frank reached down to smooth out his shirt; it had ridden up slightly and was making his tattoo itch. The birds were healing nicely, and finally starting to peel a little. He carded a hand through Gerard's hair, tugging slightly as the kiss deepened. Frank was the first to pull away; he was the only one that needed to come up for air, after all. 

"I was thinking," he began, "that my tattoo is starting to heal nice and good. It wouldn't hurt if it underwent a bit of friction."

"Oh?" Gerard said, smirking. He raised his voice at the end as if he was asking a question, though Frank could tell that he was just being a tease. "Is this you asking me to be a bit rougher with you?"

"Yes," Frank breathed, reaching up to kiss Gerard again. Gerard hooked one arm underneath Frank's, tangling his fingers with the back of Frank's hair.

"Okay," he said. "But there's a few things I wanna ask you first."

"Yeah?" Frank asked. He bucked his hips up slightly, meeting Gerard's clothed crotch with his own.

"How rough is too rough for you? I'm not going to deliberately inflict pain on you; that's too far for me."

"That's okay," Frank said. "Just go... harder, I guess."

"That's what I was planning," Gerard smirked, licking his lips. He kissed Frank's jaw, sucking slightly to leave a light bruise. "If it gets too much, tell me 'stop.' I won't stop if you beg, though."

"I'll be begging?" Frank asked, his voice sounding higher than usual. Gerard cocked one eyebrow teasingly.

"Well..." He hummed, drawing out his speech. "I mean, you never know."