Part 5

Surprisingly, Potter did not complain about the apparition nausea. Perhaps he didn't get it, unlike the rest of the mere mortals in the wizarding world.

Draco set down the rucksack in the middle of his living room and tried to think. He had heard of these Fountain of Youths in history of magic. A trick played by Forest Elves on anyone foolish enough to drink the water. However, if he remembered correctly, the effects were temporary and generally benign. He summoned all of his history of magic textbooks.

Potter watched the books float into the room and then asked, "Where is the food?"

Draco looked up from where he had been directing the the books to stack neatly on his coffee table. "What?"

Potter gave him a look like he was dense. So Potter had had that look down even before Hogwarts. Potter said, "In my dreams there is food. Will it come floating in too?"

"You think this is a dream?" Draco asked. He supposed that wasn't too much of a stretch, given what Potter had seen.

Potter nodded. "Dudley's clothes aren't this big on me. And you make stuff float around. Maybe you need to cause you don't have any arms."

Draco looked down to realize he had forgotten to take off the invisibility cloak. "Haven't you see magic before?" he asked as he took it off and put it in Potter's rucksack.

Potter nodded. "That's why I know its a dream."

Draco blinked at that and then decided to didn't need to go into dream-logic with baby Potter. He'd get Potter food and then he could read up on how to get themselves out of this ridiculous situation. He summoned the junk food that he kept for when Teddy raided his kitchen.

Potter stared with wide eyes as the food all floated down and arranged themselves on the kitchen table. Then at Draco's nod of encouragement, Potter started inhaling the food as fast as he could get it into his little hands.

Finally, Draco was left to read in peace. A scan of the indexes lead him fairly quickly to the lore surrounding the Forest Elves. It was unknown whether they were extinct or just had decided to hide themselves from Wizards. The blurb about Fountains of Youth was fairly short. It backed up his memory. All documented cases were temporary. Wizards had been unable to create an antidote or recreate the effects.

Draco was reading the rest of the Forest Elf section in hopes of finding any new information when a chocolate frog landed in the middle of his book. Just as abruptly it hopped away, leaving a sticky smear of chocolate in it's wake. With a sigh, Draco scorgified his book before looking up.

Potter was chasing the frog around his kitchen, leaving a scattered mess of food on the table. With another sigh, Draco sent the food back to the cupboards. Then noticed the card that came with the frog. He smirked.

"Potter?"

The boy had finally caught the frog and looked up.

Draco held up the card. "Do you usually dream about yourself becoming a famous Wizard?"

Potter slowly shook his head and then obligingly came over to look at the card. Finally he said, "He must have took my name."

That had not been the reaction he had been expecting. "What?"

Potter blinked. "Like Dudley takes my stuff."

"Why don't you think you are the famous Wizard?" Draco asked.

Again with the 'are you stupid?' Potter stare. "Wizards aren't real. You've only got magic cause its a dream."

Draco remembered that Potter had been raised Muggle. But to not be told about magic at all? What did the child think happened to his parents?