Chapter 4: Together

Something I can never get behind is the 4 month anniversary. Earlier Jenny tried to get me all riled up and excited over the fact that me and Snake eyes (Derek) Have been together for 4 months. I was new to relationships so I thought she must be right. Jen then tried to convince me that all guys know how important and special this 4 months anniversary is. I had no reason to suspect that she was wrong. I figured, since she was my friend, she would want to help me.

It would've been awkward if Snake eyes was expecting something special and I just wasn't aware. I didn't know that the whole thing was complete bullshit. I called My sister's best friend for advice. I would have talked to Jess but she died

Brit: Hey Cassie What's up?

Cassie: What do you do for a 4 month anniversary?

Brit: Oh 4 months? Do you love the guy?

Cassie: I think so.

Brit: Well I'd buy out a movie theater and watch a romance movie with him.

Cassie: I don't like those movies. The characters always end up wasting so much time doing everything but being together.

Brit: That's not the point. You can see whatever you want but it's about being together alone.

Cassie: That's a great idea. Is this how you celebrated yours?

Brit: .No, I think celebrating anything but conventional holidays and the annual anniversary was stupid. At least for me. You can do whatever you want.

Cassie: So I don't have to take part in this ridiculous bs?

Brit: No you don't.

That one was stupid, I know. But this next problem was a little more serious.

Jenny: So Cassie, did you and your bae finally commit the ultimate sin?

Brie: Is that any of your business?

Cassie: No, why? We've only been together for 7 months.

Jenny: 7 months? What are you, a prude?

Brie: Shut up Jenny.

Cassie: Is he expecting me to have sex soon? Is he gonna break up with me if I don't? Oh my god. My relationship is over. I'm not ready.

Brie: Cassie, all you have to do is tell him how you feel. If you're not ready, then tell him that. Don't let this idiot guilt you into doing something you'll regret.

Cassie: So I don't have to put out to save my relationship?

Brie: No. You should only have sex if you feel ready. It's ok if you're not.

Cassie: Ok. Why did you scare me like that, Jenny?

Jenny: I was just messing with you.

Brie: It's not funny.

Cassie: It really wasn't.

Now I took Jenny's suggestions and comments with a grain of salt. I figured that she was just wrong. Maybe she was just as clueless as I was. I didn't think she would ever say or do anything to hurt me. It's not like she was intentionally trying to sabotage my relationship or something. Obviously she was just trying to be a helpful friend.

Yea, I was pretty stupid but i'm getting ahead of myself. Oh and you really shouldn't let anyone guilt you into doing things you don't want to. If you don't feel ready for something then don't do it. I almost made the mistake of falling into the pressure of someone like Jenny who had no idea what she was talking about. I'm not sure why I thought she'd have good relationship advice when she was single but That's the fault in being young and dumb. You listen to your friends even if they have no idea what they are talking about.

Jessica wouldn't have fallen for this crap. Then again she had her own set of teenage issues. She would never admit this but there was always something between her and her friend Evan. At one point she even moved in with him. I guess our parents weren't the easiest to live with. She is still the golden girl and people can't help but love her. That's something I'll never be.

Cassie: What would you say if I told you what just happened? You'd probably accuse Jenny of being a bad friend. You weren't always the best judge of character though. Justin, really? What were you thinking when you decided to go after him? Even after a few years he's not there for your daughter. I'm guessing that you knew this would happen.

Jenny: What the hell is she doing? Who is she talking to?

Brie: I don't think she meant to say that out loud. I think Cassie is just lost in thought. Hey, are you ok over there?

Cassie: I am fine. I just really miss her sometimes.

Brie: Miss who?

Cassie: My sister.