Chapter Nineteen

Enzo follows his brother into Lukis' flat, John and Dimmock following them. They walk up the stairs, looking at the books on the stairs as they walk into the main room. Looking round, Enzo sees an empty suitcase on the floor with a black origami flower nearby. Sherlock pushes back the net curtain "Four floors up. That's why they think they're safe. Put a chain across the door and bolt it shut; think they're impregnable." he says. Enzo looks round and sees a skylight "They don't reckon for one second that there's another way in." He remarks, walking over to it. "I don't understand." Dimmock tells them. "You're dealing with a killer who can climb. " Sherlock explains. "What are you doing?" Dimmock asks Enzo, as Enzo climbs onto a pile of books to reach the skylight. "He clings to the walls like an insect." Enzo explains, pushing the skylight open "That's how he got in." he says softly. "What?!" Dimmock exclaims. "Climbed up the side of the walls, ran along the roof, dropped in through this skylight." Sherlock tells the detective.

"You're not serious! Like Spiderman?!" Dimmock asks sarcastically. "He scaled six floors of a Docklands apartment building, jumped the balcony to kill Van Coon." Sherlock tells him. "Oh, ho-hold on!" Dimmock laughs in disbelief. "And of course that's how he got into the bank. He ran along the window ledge and onto the terrace." Enzo says, jumping off the pile of books. "We have to find out what connects these two men." Sherlock says, looking round the landing. Sherlock grabs one of the books, looking at the cover to read 'West Kensington Library'. Showing Enzo, the brothers nod and head out the flat with john following.

Walking into the library, the three of them head up the escalator "Date stamped on the book is the same day that he died." Sherlock explains to John. Enzo looks at the spine of the book, getting the reference and heading to the right area of the library. The three of them start searching "Sherlock, Enzo." John calls, making the brothers head over. They sees yellow paint behind the book John has just pulled off the shelf, making them pull all the books off the shelf. Looking at the shelf, they see the same message from the bank "Same as the bank." Enzo remarks.