Chapter Seventeen

Enzo follows Sherlock over to Sebastian, who is having lunch with some clients or work colleagues "

Enzo follows Sherlock over to Sebastian, who is having lunch with some clients or work colleagues "...and he's left trying to sort of cut his hair with a fork, which of course can never be done!" Sebastian laughs. "It was a threat. That's what the graffiti meant." Sherlock tells him. "I'm kind of in a meeting. Can you make an appointment with my secretary?" Sebastian asks.  "I don't think this can wait. Sorry, Sebastian. One of your traders, someone who worked in your office, was killed." Enzo tells him. "What?" Sebastian asks in confusion. "Van Coon. The police are at his flat." John responds. "Killed?" Sebastian asks, clearly shocked. "Sorry to interfere with everyone's digestion. Still wanna make an appointment? Would, maybe, nine o'clock at Scotland Yard suit?" Sherlock asks. Sebastian puts down his glass of water, nervously running his finger inside his shirt collar.

The brothers and John stand in the bathroom, watching as Sebastian washes his hand "Harrow; Oxford. Very bright guy. Worked in Asia for a while, so..." he trails off. "...you gave him the Hong Kong accounts." John finishes. "Lost five mill in a single morning; made it all back a week later. Nerves of steel, Eddie had." Sebastian says, drying his hands on a towel. "Who'd wanna kill him?" John asks. "We all make enemies." Sebastian responds. "You don't all end up with a bullet through your temple." Enzo points out. Sebastian's phone beeps a text alert "Not usually. 'Scuse me. It's my Chairman. The police have been on to him. Apparently they're telling him it was a suicide." he says, reading the text. "Well, they've got it wrong, Sebastian. He was murdered." Sherlock tells him. "Well, I'm afraid they don't see it like that." Sebastian retorts. "Seb." Sherlock says. "And neither does my boss. I hired you to do a job. Don't get side-tracked." Sebastian tells them, walking out. "I thought bankers were all supposed to be heartless bastards!" John says sarcastically.

Enzo lies on the sofa, staring at the ceiling as he plays with the ring on a chain he has round his neck. Sherlock looks over, raising a brow "What's wrong?" he asks. "Hm?" Enzo asks. "You're playing with the ring, what's wrong?" Sherlock asks. Enzo sighs "Mycroft found me at the grave this morning, said they have a lead but won't tell me what." he explains. "Course he did, any idea what it could be?" Sherlock asks him. "None, I'm going to try hacking into his laptop later. Waiting until he's asleep." Enzo responds. "He has a new firewall after last time." Sherlock warns. "I know he has, I'm the one who made the firewall." Enzo smirks, still playing with the ring.