Chapter Eighteen

Enzo walks down the stairs and into the living room, finding his brother sat in a dining room chair while looking at the printed out the photographs of the graffiti

Enzo walks down the stairs and into the living room, finding his brother sat in a dining room chair while looking at the printed out the photographs of the graffiti. Looking over, Enzo sees that they've been stuck on the mirror above the fireplace, making him shrug as he walks into the kitchen to make himself a coffee. John walks in from the landing, dropping his jacket onto his armchair. "I said, 'Could you pass me a pen?'" Sherlock tells him without turning round. "What? When?" John asks. "'Bout an hour ago." Sherlock responds. John sighs "Didn't notice I'd gone out, then." he tells him, chucking a pen in his direction. Sherlock lifts his hand, catching it without turning as John walks over and looks at the photographs. "Yeah, I went to see about a job at that surgery." he explains. "How was it?" Enzo asks, walking in and passing Sherlock and John a coffee each. "It's great. She's great." John responds absentmindedly. "Who?" Sherlock asks. "The job." John says, looking at him. "'She'?" Enzo frowns in confusion. "...It." John corrects. "Here, have a look." Sherlock says, he's turning to his laptop on the dining room table. "Hmm?" John hums, going over and looking at the laptop.

Enzo looks over and reads 'Ghostly killer leaves a mystery for police. An intruder who can walk through walls murdered a man in his London apartment last night. Brian Lukis, 41, a freelance journalist from Earl's Court was found shot in his fourth floor flat but all his doors and windows were locked and there were no apparent signs of a break in. A police spokesman said they are still uncertain how the assailant broke in.' John frowns "The 'intruder who can walk through walls'." he reads. "Happened last night. Journalist shot dead in his flat; doors locked, windows bolted from the inside – exactly the same as Van Coon." Sherlock tells him. "God. You think..." John trails off, looking at the brothers. "He's killed another one." Enzo nods. The three of them finish their drinks quickly, before heading out the flat and in the direction of Scotland Yard.

Enzo stands behind John and Sherlock as Sherlock types on the laptop in front of Inspector Dimmock "Brian Lukis, freelance journalist. Murdered in his flat, doors locked from the inside." Sherlock tells the man, turning the laptop to face Dimmock. "You've gotta admit, it's similar. Both men killed by someone who can... walk through solid walls." John tells him. "Inspector, do you seriously believe that Eddie Van Coon was just another City suicide?" Enzo asks, giving the Inspector a look. "You have seen the ballistics report, I suppose?" Sherlock asks. "Mmm." Dimmock responds, nodding. "And the shot that killed him: was it fired from his own gun?" Sherlock questions. "No." Dimmock tells him reluctantly. "No. So this investigation might move a bit quicker if you were to take Enzo and I's word as gospel." Sherlock tells him. "We've just handed you a murder enquiry. Five minutes in his flat." Enzo tells Dimmock, walking over to the desk and motioning to the article on the laptop.