Facade

"I sat still and looked at my anger for what felt like eons until it told me it was just wearing a disguise - it turns out it was sadness and vulnerability. The sadness didn't know where to go so it took refuge from the anger. "
- me

 " - me

Esax

In the cavernous depths of my soul, I sat with my anger, a tempest brewing beneath the surface of my consciousness. It was a weight I had carried for far too long, a burden that seemed to grow heavier with each passing day. At first, it had seemed like a righteous indignation, a justifiable response to the injustices I perceived in the world around me. But as I lingered in its shadowy embrace, I began to sense a deeper truth lurking beneath the surface—a truth that whispered of pain, of sorrow, of vulnerability.

As I allowed myself to sink deeper into the murky waters of my anger, I felt it shifting, morphing, as if shedding an ill-fitting skin to reveal the tender flesh beneath. It was a revelation that caught me off guard, a realization that shook me to my core. For so long, I had worn my anger like a badge of honor, a shield to protect me from the harsh realities of life. But now, as I peered into its depths, I saw something else staring back at me—a reflection of my own wounded soul.

It was then that I began to understand the true nature of my anger—that it was not a force unto itself, but rather a symptom of a deeper malaise, a manifestation of the pain that had taken root in the depths of my being. It was a revelation that brought with it a sense of profound sorrow, as I realized the extent to which I had been masking my own vulnerability beneath a facade of rage.

In that moment of clarity, I felt the walls I had built around my heart begin to crumble, as the rawness of my emotions came flooding to the surface. It was a tidal wave of grief, of regret, of all the things I had longed to bury deep within me. And yet, amidst the wreckage of my shattered defenses, I found a strange sense of liberation—a freedom born of the knowledge that I no longer needed to carry the weight of my anger alone.

As I sat with my sadness, with my vulnerability laid bare, I felt a profound sense of connection—to myself, to those around me, to the world at large. It was as if by embracing my own brokenness, I had opened myself up to the beauty of the human experience in all its messy, imperfect glory. And in that moment, I knew that I was not alone—that we were all struggling, stumbling, searching for solace in a world that often seemed intent on breaking us down.

And so, with tears streaming down my cheeks, I made a vow to myself—a vow to honor my sadness, my vulnerability, as sacred parts of myself that deserved to be seen, to be heard, to be held. It was a promise to lean into the discomfort, to embrace the messiness of life with open arms, knowing that it was through our deepest wounds that we found the courage to heal.

In the quiet stillness that followed, I felt a sense of peace wash over me—a peace born of acceptance, of surrender, of the knowledge that it was okay to not have all the answers, to not always be strong. For in that vulnerability, I found strength—a strength that came not from defiance, but from the willingness to embrace the full spectrum of human emotion, to stand tall in the face of life's inevitable challenges.

And as I rose to my feet, my heart lighter than it had been in years, I knew that I was ready to face whatever lay ahead—to walk boldly into the unknown, secure in the knowledge that I was not alone, that I was enough, just as I was. And with each step forward, I carried with me the lessons of my journey—the wisdom of my sadness, the resilience of my vulnerability, and the boundless capacity of the human spirit to rise, again and again, from the ashes of despair.

------------

Remainder :

"In the silence between breaths, lies the power of possibility."