Bad words, L.S

You remember the day like it was yesterday

You remember the day like it was yesterday. When you and your tribe had been introduced to the Sully family. The "disgraced forest Naʼvi" who ran from their home. The great Toruk Makto rider of the last shadow, running to and hiding with your people.

At Least that's what most thought of the strange family when they first arrived. But not you. You were intrigued by them, one of them in particular. Lo'ak was the second son and second to youngest child. With a premade "troublemaker" label slapped on him. Most stayed away from Lo'ak but happy to help him and his family integrate into their new lives, you didn't.

It didn't take long for the two of you to become familiar with each other, and eventually a friendship sprung. Although you were the one doing most of the teaching when it came to swimming, that didn't mean Lo'ak didn't teach you anything.

"Asshole."

"A-a" You struggle to pronounce the new word.

"Sound it out."

English words felt odd to your tongue and mind. Before meeting Lo'ak you'd never heard words like asshole or bitch. Which explained why you couldn't pronounce them. But he would teach you anyway.

"Ass-h-h" You continue until the two of you are interrupted.

A group of boys passes by and as always they can't help but want to start something with Lo'ak. He never started it with them, but the problem was Lo'ak wasn't afraid to finish it.

"Careful hanging out with freaks." Aonung says, walking up to the two of you.

"Yea, you might turn into one." One of his friends adds.

They all laugh and the two of you choose to ignore it, unfazed by the childish boys.

"Or maybe she wants that." The other joins in. "You two freaks belong together."

Lo'ak stays silent, knowing that engaging would only lead to something worse.

"Asshole." You spit in frustration before realizing what you'd just said.

The three boys look at you and each other confused.

"See like that." Lo'ak grins, "You got it."

"What?" Aonung is only more confused.

"She called you an asshole." Lo'ak defends you happily.

Aonung glares at the two of you, upset by you and Lo'ak's shared moment.

"You're right." He turns to his friends. "The two freaks belong together."

When it came to Aonung and Lo'ak it was best to separate them before things went overboard. Which they usually did. So instead of staying in your and Lo'aks teaching spot, you took his hand and started to walk away together.

"Come on, let's go."

"Did you see Aonung's face? He has no idea what you said."

The two of you try to get away, but the boys are persistent in taunting Lo'ak. And when that doesn't work, they start to do the same to you. Truthfully, Aonung's antics were something you were used to after growing up with him. But as always, whatever Aonung started, Lo'ak finishes.

Letting go of your hand, Lo'ak lets you get some distance ahead of him before grabbing a handful of sand and throwing it in Aonung's face. A fight breaks out between the four, and you panic. You yell for Neteyam, and he runs over quickly to separate the boys.

Hours pass and the bruises on Aonung make it clear that something had occurred. Disappointed and appalled by the fight, Jake, Neytiri, Tonowari, and Ronal spoke to all of you. After being scolded for your behavior, you were all told to go to bed, but before you could leave, Jake pulled you aside and questioned you on your language after Aonung told him what word you'd called him. He knew Lo'ak was the one who taught you the word, but you persisted in the fact that you said it because you chose to.

Aware of how harsh his father's words can be, Lo'ak snuck past his father to check up on you.

"I told my dad that I said it." Lo'ak tells you with his head down in defeat.

"You didn't have to. I told him that I said it, not you."

The thought of Lo'ak taking the fall for you was a far from pleasant one. You didn't enjoy being scolded or in trouble at all, but your words pushed Aonung and Lo'ak was just defending you.

"It doesn't matter, I'm already in deep shit."

You both frown but Lo'ak jokes about his and Neteyam's fight with Aonung and his friends. You laugh together quietly so as not to be heard.

"You're right." You look at Lo'ak before leaving to your home. "Aonung is a bitch."

He looks slightly shocked to hear you say it, but you both laugh it off and say goodnight.