Growin' up, F.O, A.O

Ash was never like other kids. From a young age, him and Fez were forced to grow up. Fez was lucky to go to school and be able to have a semi normal upbringing. But Ash, all he knew was family, drugs, and violence.

You knew this probably a bad idea, but it was worth trying, right ? Right. You took a step back and smiled, admiring your hard work. The theme was a traditional kiddy birthday. Silver and blue decorations filled the room. Gifts of various sizes and shapes took the spots at the dinner table. Ash's name and age floated in the air above the table where his cake was.

"How many more of theses do we need?" Faye asked exhausted.

"Only a few more than I think, we'll be good."

She sighed at your response, before taking a large breath and blowing air into a small balloon.

𝙵𝚎𝚣𝚣𝚢❤️

𝙷𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 ?

𝙷𝚎'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚜𝚞𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜

𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 <𝟹

𝚆𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚎

𝚂𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔

𝙵𝚎𝚣𝚣𝚢❤️

𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎

"Imma be right back." Fez said before exiting the car.

Ash eyed the house cautiously, watching his brother go inside. He could tell something was off. The house was dark, no lights on at all, no sight of Faye or y/n. He waited a second to see if Fez would come back out or tell him to come in. His eyes stayed trained on the door as he opened the glove box, grabbing a pistol.

Inside, the three of you waited anxiously for Ash. You watch as the front door opens, Ash walking in carefully before closing it behind him. He calls Fez's name first, but only silence. The next thing you heard was the click from his gun. Although you were in the dark, Fez could feel your eyes go wide at the sound. Quickly, he left his hiding spot to turn the lights on.

"Surprise!" You yelled when the lights came on.

You weren't sure how you were expected him to react, but this probably wasn't it. His face was scrunched in confusion. Pistol now stuffed in his pocket. It took him a moment to take it all in. Decorations, gifts and cake all for him., all to celebrate him. Ash wasn't an openly emotional person. He built a hard, almost indestructible shell. But right now he was cracking.

"You did this?" He asked, eyes soft as they feel on you.

You gulped, noticing the obvious change in his demeanor.

"Happy birthday."

Before the words can fully leave your lips, arms are wrapped around you. It was Ash hugging you tightly. You all froze at the interaction, confusion written on your and Faye's face, while Fez smiled. Soft sniffles echoed in the silent room, tugging at your heart. He pulled away slowly, rubbing the tears from his eyes.

"Sorry." He apologized, still sniffly.

"It's fine Ash, it's fine. Come on, let's blow out the candles before they melt."

You and Fez sat at both sides of Ash, singing with big smiles, while Faye recorded. Unsure who to focus on, Ash's eyes switched between the both of you.

"Make a wish."

"Make it good, too."

Shutting his eyes, he focused on what he wanted, then blow out the candles. You all cheered and clapped before running to get plates and forks, and with that the party started.

The next few hours were spent focusing on Ash. Joking on big he was getting while looking a baby pictures. Helping him open his presents, a switch-blade, new tattoo gun and a Nintendo Switch to name a few. And clothes, mostly corny childlike stuff that you knew he realistically would never wear.

You weren't sure if it was the cake or all the energy he used up yelling while playing Mario cart, but Ash was tired out. His head lying on your lap while he slept. A soft chuckle leaving Fez at the sight.

"What?"

"Nothin. He just acts like such a kid around you." Fez says, almost sad.

"Of course he does. Who wouldn't feel like a kid after the amazing party we threw."

"You. You threw." He corrects you, placing his hand on yours.

"It was all of our idea."

"I know my brother. If anyone except you did this for him, he wouldn't care."

"Not even you?"

"Nah, not even me."