Chapter 247 - The Secret of the Inheritance [06]

Start from the beginning

For a moment, Wen Ran felt a bit of sadness in his heart. This was the first time since he had dealt with fierce ghost that he felt a little pity in just one encounter.

The young man walked to the window, took out a book from the cabinet on the wall, and looked at Wen Ran with a smile: "This is my home. If I don't stay at home, where can I go."

Wen Ran said: "How did you die?"

This question is a relatively taboo topic for ghosts. Even if they have become ghosts, looking back on their own death is also a lot of torture for them. If they don't have enough concentration, they may even go crazy and lose control because they think of the scene before their death.

But the fierce ghost in front of him did not. When Wen Ran asked, he only shook his head slightly, and then said in a calm tone: "I probably been burned to death." 

Wen Ran raised his eyebrows: "Probably?"

The young man smiled, "I drank a glass of milk, and I felt like I was getting up in a trance. There was a strong and pungent smell. When I opened my eyes again, I became the ghost of this castle."

Wen Ran: "Who gave you the milk?"

The young man's smile faded slightly, but he still answered all questions with a good attitude: "It's my eldest brother."

"How long have you been dead?"

The young man shook his head: "I don't remember, there is no time here."

Wen Ran, after thinking for a while, asked, "Who are Wan Huilan to you?"

Only then the young man show some emotional ups and downs, and the entire environment before his death that he constructed also flashed through some unstable fluctuations. After a while, he felt the young man controlled himself and calmed down, then said slowly: "She's my mother."

When he said the word mother, many past pictures filled the young man's mind again. 

The gentle and quiet mother, the sweet smell of baking. Even though he is an adult, he is still hugged like a child, with eyes that always have a smile and pride for him. Even if he makes a mistake, she will only be gentle and comforting to him. 

His mother, the woman he loves most. The woman he want to protect the most.

Wan Huilan is the Grandaunt, which means that the eldest brother who delivers milk to him should be the Eldest Uncle Qi. 

In other words, this young man is the legendary youngest son who died young? 

But seeing that he was already an adult, he remembered Qi Yunjing saying that the youngest son of the overseas Qi family died of illness when he was very young, and there was a huge difference between being burned to death and dying of illness. Why did the Qi family conceal the true story? 

As for the cause of death, did they actually know that the youngest son's death was caused by the eldest son, and they thought that since one of them died anyway, they couldn't afford to lost another one, so they hid it?

Wen Ran thought for a moment and said, "There is a child in this castle. Who is that child?"

The young man smiled and said, "That's my nephew. He is a little naughty. Did he run out to scare people?"

Wen Ran shook his head, "Not really. After all, not many people can see ghosts. Which brother of yours was the father?" 

The young man's smile became slightly lighter: "He was my eldest brother's son."