Chapter 217 - Like the Taste [01]

The affairs of the Chang family are finally over, the son is fine, and the obsession with his brother's death has also dissipated a lot. 

Although it is impossible to completely let go in his heart, after 30 years, he seriously looked back at the past and found out that those traces that could be seen deeply perhaps had gradually faded with the passage of time. The images that linger in his mind day and night seem a little different from what he remember.

Time can dilute everything, and it can also prove everything.

After settling the family affairs, Chang Beigen suddenly felt lonely in his later years. He is a family man and values ​​​​family relationships. Even if he knows that some relatives like to take advantage, he just gets by. 

However, after experiencing this incident, he has torn apart a lot of unhappiness. There were some things that he couldn't tell outsiders, but Qi Yunjing was considered an insider, so he was dragged to drink several times and confided several times.

His cousin's grandson is named Chang Ziming. He would do such a thing not only because he was jealous of the Chang family's wealth, but also because of his family's influence. 

After Chang Ziming's accident, Chang Beigen's cousin come to him. 

Chang Beigen's family was rich and his cousin hoped that he could send Chang Ziming abroad for treatment. Chang Ziming was the only grandson in their family. If he can no longer have children in the future, then it is considered to be extinct.

But for a man who almost killed his son, how could Chang Beigen spend money to treat him? It was considered very merciful to just fire Chang Ziming and cut off the relationship without taking revenge.

But how could Chang Ziming's family accept it? They kept making trouble with Chang Beigen, and they became so angry that they started to talk indiscriminately. 

It turned out that in their hearts, Chang Beigen was able to make a fortune in coal mines all because of their family. 

If their family did not help matchmaking and introduce the coal mine to Chang Beigen, who didn't even have a job at the time, there would be no chance for him to contract the mine later.

Probably this family has said this to Chang Ziming since he was a child, saying that Chang Beigen is what he is today because of their family. 

Chang Ziming also saw that Chang Beigen's family was so wealthy and ran a big company. Compared with him, who worked hard but couldn't even afford a decent car, he developed crooked thoughts and ultimately harmed others and himself.

Qi Yunjing told Wen Ran about it, which could be regarded as telling Wen Ran some follow-up. After all, it was something he handled, and he might be curious to know the result. 

But Wen Ran had already seen this result the first time he met Chang Beigen: "Chang Beigen is a man of deep luck and wealth, so he can be considered to have smooth sailing and smooth fortune throughout his life. 

"But how can anyone be perfect in everything? There is always something missing, and his shortcoming is the lack of family ties. The more a person lacks something, the more he thinks about it. He lacks family ties, so he naturally pays more attention to family ties. 

"Fortunately, it did not hurt anyone's life and cause a big disaster. There is also blessing that come from misfortune."

Qi Yunjing said: "Then what is missing in my life, can you tell?"

Wen Ran gave him a disgusted look: "Wait."

After Wen Ran finished speaking, he ran to get a piece of white paper and a paintbrush. He scribbled on the white paper like random scribblings, and then handed the paper to Qi Yunjing.