Godkiller

Percy let out a wild cry of defiance, thrusting his hands forward, his eyes screwed shut.

In a whirl of pain, misery and love, he noticed something inside him crack, then break cleanly into pieces. With a tug in his gut, his powers exploded as he opened his eyes.

The wave of poison had stopped in midair, poised to strike. Cautiously, Percy lowered his hand, watching as the liquid followed his gestures.

"Impossible! My domain is poison! What have you done!" Akhlys shrieked.

Percy smiled, the sort of smile that send chills down one's spine. The kind that stretches much too wide and shows far too many teeth. The grin of a monster.

Then again, the sea is full of monsters. And if nothing else, Percy Jackson is a Son of the Sea.

Wordlessly, he sent the tide of poison back towards it's old master, snaking around her ankles and creeping up her back.

The goddess shrieked in agony, tears welling in her eyes. He turned those against her too, forcing them up her throat.

"Please... no..." She pleaded.

Percy felt a savage sort of pleasure while he tormented the primordial, as he forced her own domain to torture her. He wanted to see how much misery Misery could take. Clenching his fist, the poison wrapped around her neck.

"No!! Please!! Stop!"

"Why should I show you mercy? You gave me none. I'm getting back to my family, and a pathetic goddess like you is not going to stop me." He snarled.

"Please!!! I'll do anything!!! Just make it stop!!!" Akhkys cried.

"Anything?" Percy asked, the glee in his voice barely hidden.

"Anything!!" She begged.

He tilted his head slightly. She didn't deserve to live.

He closed his fists, his face an emotionless mask.

"What have you become?" The goddess asked sadly just before she exploded as he wrenched her Ichor out of her body.

As if a cloud cleared in his head, Percy suddenly collapsed as the power flooded out of him.

He sensed the shattered glass repair itself, but not properly. It was more like someone picked up the pieces and stuck them back together with superglue.

Gasping as he saw the damage he had done, tears flowed down his cheeks.

He was a monster, just like the creatures he fought against, yet somehow even worse.

Monster.

Monster.

Monster.

He gasped as the adrenaline left him and the world blinked before his eyes.

He was a monster, an abomination. He wasn't supposed to exist.

Maybe he should just let the cold and the pain consume him until it overtook him.

Monster.

Monster.

Monster.

He closed his eyes, prepared, happy even, with the prospect of death. Then again, if what Akhlys had said was true, perhaps he couldn't die. Not naturally.

He could never ask her, because he had killed her. (Like she'd tell you if she was alive).

Monster.

Monster.

Monster.

Just before his consciousness left him and he drifted off to sleep, he felt cool, gentle hands lift him.

"Rest little godkiller. You are safe."

Finally, after so long, Percy allowed himself to fall peacefully into the realm of Hypnos.

Sorry for the short chapter. I did try and make it a good one though.

~🌊