Chapter 32 A hero among women

Start from the beginning

The breeze blew in her face, and the lush tree shadows passed quickly from both sides. The sound of horse hooves is heard in her ears, and the green fields and vast sky are in front of her, stretching as far as the eye can see.

Xie Miao's mood slowly released with speed, and the initial tension was left behind. She closed her eyes and let her hair fly. The freshness of spring entered her heart bit by bit with her breathing.

"Xie Miao!"

She turned around and saw that Zhou Niannan had changed into a brown horse and was heading towards her.

Xie Miao was running smoothly. She smiled provocatively at him and waved her whip, "Jifeng, let me see how fast you can run!"

As if Jifeng understood her words, he gathered strength at his thigh muscles and galloped away again. Zhou Niannan raised his eyebrows and smiled evilly. He put his index finger to his lips, and whistled, "Xifeng, catch up!"

The two horses were galloping like lightning, relaxing their hooves and chasing each other. They ran for who knows how long before they stopped leisurely by a stream.

The horses stopped to drink water, and Zhou Niannan and Xie Miao sat on the grass nearby to rest for a while.

Xie Miao's breathing had quickened slightly. She took out a handkerchief and wiped away the sweat. After a moment, she sniffed her palm and asked, "What did you feed Jifeng just now? Why does it smell weird?"

"Specially made snacks, there are several rare herbs in it." Zhou Niannan stretched out his long legs, put his hands behind his back, and said lazily: "Also, do you want to feed it?"

"En."

Xie Miao took the remaining snacks, and fed the two horses with great interest. The she washed her hands, and sat back on the grass.

"Achoo!"

Zhou Niannan sneezed, and rubbed his nose with his fingers. He spread his palms towards her, and said angrily: "Hey, give me a handkerchief to wipe my nose."

Xie Miao didn't move. "Do you have a cold?"

"Do you still have to ask?"

For Jifeng's sake, Xie Miao handed him a clean handkerchief. Zhou Niannan wiped it casually and stuffed the handkerchief into his sleeve, "I'll return it to you after I've washed it."

Xie Miao sat hugging her knees, resting her chin lightly on her knees. She said nonchalantly: "Just throw it away."

Zhou Niannan pulled a piece of dogtail grass from the side and held it in his mouth, "I heard Baili Sheng say that you and that merchant girl got together and opened a paper mill?"

Xie Miao snorted and said displeased: "What merchant girl? She has a name, Fang Zhiruo."

"Whether it's Fang Zhiruo or Yuan Zhiruo, she is a merchant girl anyway. Why do you get together with her?"

"She is a merchant girl, and I am from a declining family. Don't we happen to make a pair?"

"You..." Zhou Niannan laughed angrily, "Xie Miao, when did you surrender like this?"

"This is called recognizing the facts and having self-awareness." Xie Miao glanced at him and said with a smile: "Fortunately, Third Young Master Zhou has been giving me advice for many years. Now I suddenly realize that you have the greatest contribution."

Zhou Niannan seemed to have scratches on his ears from sandpaper and felt extremely uncomfortable. "You are Cui Er's cousin. You are different from ordinary shabby people. If you mix with the daughter of a merchant, your status will really drop."