"Go" He gave his consent reluctantly, "but we need to go back in twenty minutes. Vivek will be worried"

Vikky bobbed his head enthusiastically. Ashok got up and showed Vikky the way. He had been waiting all evening for the opportunity. He waited till Vikky was comfortable in his presence. He did not want to spook the kid. 

"My buddy is a very cool guy, Mr. Shah. You have nothing to worry about." Vikky spoke enthusiastically. 

Ashok looked up and nodded his head. he had conducted a through investigation on Vivek, what he found out satisfied him a lot. The guy was a through gentleman. There was nothing he found amiss in Vivek. Expect the one thing that was nagging him since the moment his sister said yes to the meeting. She was too young to play mother to a teenager.

"What are your future plans, Vikram?" He broke the subject gently.

Vikram gave him a broad smile, "I have applied for NYCM. I will be moving to New York very soon. I wanted to stay closer to home, but buddy wants the best for me. He thinks I will benefit a lot from NYCM. I agree, but you see I don't want him to lonely for the next four years. That is why....."

"Marriage is a life long commitment, Vikram." Ashok cut him off gently, "You will be back after four years, but Anjali and Vivek will have to stay together for ever. Have you thought about it?"

Vikky bobbed his head. his pops had explained it to him. Marriage was not a joke. It needed serious commitment. He was prepared for it.

"We will take good care of Miss Shah, Mr. Shah. She will be very happy with us."

"Vikram I can see that you are a very good kid. You love your dad a lot, right?"

Vikky bobbed his head.

"You have had his exclusive attention for 17 years. That is a very big time. You never had to share him with anyone. Have you thought about it?"

Vikky bobbed his head again.

"Tomorrow your dad and Anjali may decide to have children of their own. Vivek is only 34. He has his whole life ahead of him. He may want more children. Anjali would want that too....."

"It would make me very happy, Mr. Shah....."

"Would it Vikram?"

Vikram looked confused. He did not understand what Ashok was hinting at.

"I will not beat around the bush, Vikram. I like Vivek a lot. He is perfect for my sister. But i cannot digest the fact that he has a teenage son."

"You did not know about me?" Vikky took a step back hurt.

"I did, Vikram. I tried to discourage my grandparents and Anjali, but they are not willing to understand. I cannot let Anjali destroy her life. She is too young to play mom to a teenager."

"I am not looking for a mother, Mr. Shah" Vikky's voice was filled with sadness.

"You don't have to Vikram, but Vivek will have expectations. My sister will be burdened. I have nothing against you or your dad. Believe me if you were not in the picture I would have celebrated this alliance. but...."

"I am the hurdle? That is why you are so reluctant?"

Ashok remained silent.

"I promise to never become a burden on Miss Shah, sir. I want my dad to be happy....."

"My sister's happiness does not matter?"