3.3

Addy held a sleeping Tate in her arms when the sound of boots stomping down the hall caught her attention, she looked up to see Kaycee walking around the school

" Kaycee!"

The man came to a halt and saw the two kids , he jogged the rest of the hallway to meet to them. He pulled Tate out of Addys hands , softly but quick, to see if he was ok.

" He-he's ok . It's Monica. " Kaycee looked at his niece ,"Where is she ? "

Addy pointed to the doorway of the nurses office but then stopped Kaycee from walking in with Tate. " Kaycee - he shouldn't see her like that. I'll keep him safe while you go in."

Kaycee held his son to his chest and then gently lowered him into his nieces arms , thank god for giving their family such a level headed teenager.

He walked in the nurses office and his breath caught in his throat at the sight of his wife getting her head wrapped in bandages.

He kneels in front of her," Are you okay?"

"Well, I got a pretty good headache going. " Monica tries to lighten the mood a bit by smiling at him.

The nurse sees that Monica's husband is here walks over and gives him the rundown.
" Any dizziness, nausea, saying things that don't make sense... straight to the hospital. "

Kaycee nods back ,"Yes, ma'am." He kisses Monica and lets her know he's going to check on the kids again.

"Oh. Can I have one day without a crisis, God? Please, just one fսck¡ng day." Kaycee mutters under his breath as he walks out the room.

Addys eyes widen at him , " Is she ok- I am so sorry Kaycee- I tried to help."

Kaycee shakes his head and pulls her into a hug. " it's ok kid , you did good. I have a question for you though." Addy picks her head up and stares at him," What's up?"

Kaycee asked for Addy to drive Monica's car to the ranch and she quickly ageeed. She handed Tate over to Kaycee and walked in hugging Monica goodbye. As she sat in the Monica's car , Addy took a shaky breath turning on the car.  Deep down she felt like maybe she should have told Kaycee she doesn't have her license yet but she didn't want to add to his stress, so now Addy had to get back home without dying.

Back at the ranch, John sat next to his phone , which wasn't a normal activity for the patriarch of the Dutton family when Beth and Jamie flew into the house .

" Daddy" Beth yells out looking around for him.

" In here" John yells out , sighing when he sees his eldest children storm in . The two of them being together was never a good time, so he prepared himself for whatever could come next .

"Can I just have one fսck¡ng minute to myself here? Please?"

Beth snorts," No , You and I are gonna have a conversation. "

Johns eyebrows rose in confusion," What? "

"Talk to me about cancer. " Beth says and John quickly responds back,"Okay. What would you like to know? "

Jamie decided to step in," For a start, how long have you had it? "

John knew that he couldn't hide it any longer ,"Well, I don't have a cancer. I had a tumor in my colon. It was removed."

Beth let's our a sarcastic laugh and walks to the bar cart rummaging through the liquor.

John looked between the two of them , Nice, uh... Nice to see you two exhibit some real emotion. " he laughs at the scene in front of him too.