2.3

After waking up to Gator knocking on her bedroom door with a fresh plate of chocolate chip waffles much to her delight, Addy quickly showered and got dressed, then continued to unload clothes she walked down into the kitchen when she heard a bunch of shouting down the hall. She decided to make her presence known. Now her grandfather's house was quite large but she had not managed to see anyone but her grandfather and Gator, the cook. She walked around the corner to see a frustrated Jamie storming in through the front door, who was frantically cussing under his breath. Addy decided to step out of the hallway and let him know she was there," Hey Uncle Jamie,"

Jamie's head snapped and pulled a polite smile on his face," Hey there, didn't know you made it. How's it going?"

Knowing her mother's disdain for the man was enough for Addy to be hesitant around the man, even if she didn't have the answers behind it she gave him a quick hug before asking him how things were. Jamie gave her a quick rundown on his plans to pursue politics furthermore when a shout came from the front yard. Quirking an eyebrow Addy steps back, " That sounds like my mom -?"

Jamie sighs, "You would be correct she's out front, although I warn you she's a bit much today even for Beth."

Addy ignored the jab at her mother and gave Jamie her goodbyes making her way to the front door. Stepping onto the porch and taking in the scene in front of her.

From her angle she could see her mother sitting in a horse trough, from where she was standing she could tell her mother was obviously nude .Part of Addy was sympathetic knowing both of her parents had their scars from their lifestyles before and after having her but another part wished that she didn't have the calm between two storms. Addy assumed that Beth was taking care of some work emergency as was her father when Addy sat at the airport ( after uprooting her entire life in Utah to fly on a whim to Montana ) but the scene of her parents hashing out whatever argument they were in while her mother was having what could be seen as some country chic spa day, Addy saw the bottles of wine on the ground next to trough.

Adverting her eyes when her father handed her mother a robe and helped her out of the trough, Addy stepped towards the opening of the porch, as she saw her Uncle Kaycee's truck make it down the driveway on the horizon. She looked back to her parents and decided to speak up, "I'm glad you guys are having a good time, considering you both forgot you had a child. Which I assume that takes a good portion of stress off your shoulders." Rip and Beth's heads shot up in surprise, they then looked at each other and then back at their daughter. Beth lets out a stream of chuckles and sways which results in Rip getting a better grasp on her - and the conversation, " Hey baby - uh when did your flight get in -"

Seeing her mother stumble and laugh at the situation caused a flare of anger to shoot through Addy ( which was quite rare as she was used to being a mature and level-headed kid)," Oh great it's 9 AM and mom is trashed. I took an Uber, by the way, Grandpa let me in and took care of it all. " Rip sighed knowing he failed as a parent once again and pulled Beth up to their porch setting her in a chair. Looking at his daughter, her brown eyes, the same way eyes his mother had that she gave to him and he gave to her. It was almost bittersweet the moment he saw Addy for the first time, he was so scared that she would get all the hard and gritty pieces of him but when she opened her eyes for the first time, he knew she was a gift from heaven above. He hated looking in those eyes and seeing disappointment once again.

" Addy baby, I know it's been shitty lately. Hell most of your life your mom and I have been playing catch up between each other for you, but I promise you we will be better from here on out. And yes your mom is what you called trashed, " Rip leans in and pulls her in a hug, which instantly brings a smile to Addy's face. " I'm going to put your mom to bed so she can sleep this off for a bit but we will catch up today. That's your uncle pulling in, you should see if you can go visit Tate and Monica until I get done with some work. Sounds good?"