4.0

After spending the last month learning how to drive - passing her test, working on the farm, and starting school at the nearby college, Addy pulled the car down the gravel driveway late after a few night classes, her car beams shining on the ranch hands living quarters and to her surprise seeing them partying up in the doorway.

Shutting the machine off and stepping out she looked up to see Jimmy running towards her with a beer in hand, " Addy! We are having a party!"

He stumbled up to her giggling handed her a beer, and slung an arm around her shoulders bringing her into the direction of the barn-actually it seemed that she was the one coordinating the walk to the barn due to Jimmy being slightly intoxicated.

She looked up at him," What's the occasion, Jimmy?"

The man let out a string of giggles and leaned in telling her a secret," I have no idea."

Addy let out a small chuckle as they approached the doorway, she leaned over and knocked loudly on the doorframe announcing her entrance. The ranchhands cheered at her arrival and Jimmy's return.

Lloyd stood up and hugged her," Everyone the nurse is in! "

Addy smiled at him and shook her head, " Not a nurse yet Lloyd ."

" Well either way it's good you're here, we might need one on the ranch"

He patted her arm and pulled a chair out for her, setting a plate of food in front of her. She smiled and thanked him while joining the rest of the table. Jimmy came and sat next to her chatting her up about his recent developments in his ranch hand career when someone walked through the door catching her eye. Conway walked into the barn pulled his jacket off, and walked to the fridge to pull two beers out. The blonde girl's eyes rose when she saw him walk towards the back room without even saying hello, and then to her confusion he walked back into the common area with his arm over a beautiful brunette. Addy felt her cheeks blush in embarrassment and looked over at Jimmy who looked equally confused. Their eyes connected trying to see if either one had the answers to this sudden situation, unfortunately, neither one had any information on this. So they clinked their beer bottles together in a solemn agreement and dived back into a conversation with Lloyd.

Addy tried to keep her attention focused on those sitting with her but her eyes would occasionally drift over to the pair sitting on one of the bunk beds whispering back and forth. The girl gritted her teeth and took a swig of her beer, feeling ashamed that she let herself fall to a boy so fast. Jimmy looked down at the younger girl and patted her shoulder, knowing how she felt all too well.

The girl sitting next to Conway was breathtaking, older, and mature, Conway seemed to be enjoying everything that fell off her tongue. Addy knew she was busy with school and trying to keep up with the family issues, that it wasn't fair for her to expect him to wait for her.

She had had a few flings before but the girl had never felt the way Conway made her feel in the short amount of time they've known each other. Addy shook herself out of her thoughts and began playing Uno with Jimmy.

A few more beers and a pizza later, everyone but the pair on the bunk bed joined the Uno game, it took a bit to teach Lloyd the rules but he seemed to enjoy it.

"And that's a game!" Jimmy roared in victory winning the round.

Everyone else groaned in disbelief that he won again.