2.1

Beth's heart broke once again - which was a bit of a surprise for her, not thinking that she could lose anything else on this god-forsaken ranch. When she was told of Lee's sudden death she started doing what she does best, getting to work. She had been on the phone with the best funeral directors and contacting any distant family, she would take care of everything, anything to help her grieving father. Today being the funeral was hard for Beth knowing that no matter what she wouldn't be able to take this weight off her father's shoulders.

Staring at her reflection and smoothing down her black dress the process of planning the funeral had been hasty but she made sure Lee got only the best. Jamie stormed into the room, " He's never looked at me the way he looked at Lee."

Her lip curls back in disgust, leaving it up to Jamie to make the brutal death of their eldest brother into a competition for attention.  She tilts her head and scowls at the pathetic man, " Trust me, Jamie, he never will." Slamming the door closed she marched out onto the porch for a smoke.

Many would find the view from the porch to be breathtaking, but not Beth she knew the costs of this land, the greed, and sorrow this land charges who that fight for it. She looks over and sees someone sitting looking at the mountains in the distance, it was her father. John Dutton in the same bloody clothes that he was in when he pulled his eldest child's dead body off Kaycee's horse. Beth slowly makes her way and sits in the chair next to him.
" Daddy? " she calls causing him to stare at her.

John stares at his daughter taking a shakey breath he says, I need you more than ever."

" You have me"
John shakes his head in grief scared to ask her this question but knowing it's needed, " Can you stay awhile ?"

Beth stares into her father's eyes, knowing that he needs her by his side and knowing what his request entails.

Choking down a shaky breath, " I'm not going anywhere, Addy will come to Yellowstone as well. Just tell me who to fight Daddy."

He looks out to the land his son had fought for and then back to his daughter, pulling his lips into a small smile knowing his son did not die in vain. " Everyone Beth, We will need to fight everyone."

——————————————

Addy stood in the doorway of the condo, the only home she has essentially had for the past 17 years ( minus the few weeks every summer her mom would let her go to Yellowstone to spend with her father) she couldn't help but feel nervous for the unexpected changes that had rapidly happened over the past week. Her mother already sent a moving truck to grab the essentials, clothes, and personal items , knowing her mother's disdain for the ranch and hearing of her uncle's unexpected passing, Addy knew she wouldn't be coming back to the condo again.

Addy was pulled back into reality as she heard her name being called down the driveway, she turned quickly seeing her mom's assistant Jason smiling and waving.

" Hey kiddo, the boss lady sent me to take you to the airport," he said while coming up with her and helping her with her bags, loading them into his car.

Jason was a new addition to her mom's work life, usually, she scared the assistants off but not Jason he was too much of a marshmallow to leave her mom even when her mom was in one of her moods he showed up with a smile on his face. He eventually grew on Beth, not that she would admit but Addy knew better. He was a good guy and would often bring her Starbucks when she would visit her mom at work on the weekends.

Shaking her hair out of her face she hopped in the passenger seat, " Jason you are a saint to drop everything and jump to my mom's demands. I appreciate the help." He smiles at her ( he always viewed Addy as a little sister and knew this sudden move would be a bit hard for her "