6)

Hearing those words makes the hairs on the back of my neck raise.

"The things you want to do to me?" I repeat with apprehension.

"You don't need to look so frightened." He leans in again, tucking some hair behind my ear, elbows resting on the edge of the bath.

I decide to be honest, the way I have always tried to be, "I am frightened." Though I've never admitted that before, ever. "You attacked me."

"I am protecting you." He grunts through gritted teeth, "I'm doing this all for you."

"No." I retort with the same amount of aggression. "I think you're doing this for you. To fuel some sick fantasy-"

Grabbing a handful of my hair from the top of my head, he pushes me down under the water, the fluid filling my senses. My nose burning from it's heat. My legs kick about and I desperately grab at his hand, clawing and tanking  to the best of my ability, but he's too strong and I'm weaker than I ever have been due to my injury.

Is this some sick fantasy? Something sexual? Or does he just feel like he's missing out on life?

I might be able to empathise with him if that was the case - but I can feel like fatigue setting in. My arms no longer flailing. If this is all about getting married and living happily ever after with a housewife, he's picked the wrong person. Although my body feels burnt and raw and my arms can barely support themselves I'm still kicking.

Finally, he pulls me back up, hand still entangled in my hair. I grip the edges of the bath and gasp for the air that I had finally been allowed.

I dare not say a word, my hair now drenched and darker in colour, sticking to my neck uncomfortably. I focus on calming my beating heart. I blink repeatedly, the water making my eyes feel more dry.

I feel fear and hatred. The sweet scented candle, now bitter as the air thickens enough so it's hard to even move.

"Do you want to know what I want to do to you?" He almost whispers, eyes staring into my soul somehow although I avoid looking back. I ignore the question but he yanks on my hair, bringing my face close to his. "Do you want to know?"

I squeeze my eyes shut hoping that I'll wake up in my bed and that I'll look over and see Petra drooling in the bed across from mine and I'll laugh and I'll wake her up and we'll go get breakfast and we'll chat and laugh with everyone at the table..

"Say yes Y/n." his deep voice echoes through me and my lovely fantasy disappears from my brain.

"Yes." I do as I'm told, breathing heavily once again as my happy place slips from my mind.

He let's go of me and slowly runs his smooth fingers up my leg, then moving to hold my shoulders, gently and sweetly pushing them below the surface of the water.

As if he can sense my thoughts he says, "I won't push you under again." he pauses looking up from where the water met my collarbones, "Unless you're rude again."

I gulp, nodding ever so slightly, taking the threat to heart, after just experiencing his wrath first hand.

He kneels up and places a hand on either shoulder, gently massaging them. The rythmic motion not doing much to sooth my fears. I close my eyes and focus on my breathing again, finally being given a moment to do so. I can feel his gaze on my face.