7)

I had dried myself off and now sat in bed with a fresh shirt, staring at Levi as he led at the foot staring upwards. The sting in my heels reminded me of who he really is, no matter how harmless he appeared right now. He noticed my staring and looked up at me.

He looks innocent, with his bright eyes and his mute expression.

He stands and comes to sit next to me, slowly slipping his hand between my neck and hair pulling me in for a kiss. My shoulders tense and I lean backwards slightly, which he instantly picks up on. Wrapping his thumb to sit across my throat, he pushes me backwards, standing and going to leave the room.

"Goodnight, Y/n."

I can only watch as he closes the door behind him.

I sit confused and taken aback. Is what I'm thinking true? That he just wants someone to love and be loved by.

Despite the harsh exit, he was sitting with his shoulders slouched and no one has ever held me so delicately.

I wish he would stop being so back and forth and just treat me kindly, then I'd consider going back to normal life without telling anyone what happened. Or am I fooling myself? There is no way I would keep this a secret.

Which makes me think further.. do people think I'm dead? Are they mourning me? Or was an excuse made about my absence.

Fuck.

Oh my god.

Everyone who would even care is already dead. Petra, Gunther, Oluo and Eld are dead, and Felix died a long time ago. Everyone back home, dead.

Maybe Hange? She would be my saving grace, she might look into my disappearance? Disappearance.. I was killed fighting the female titan, wasn't I?

My head falls into my hands but I can't bring myself to cry. It all feels fake. So unreal.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"There's water on the floor."

A stern voice wakes me, instinct making me alert, "What?"

I rub my eyes, hoping to clear the fog.

I look at him, his arms folded, looking down at me. "There's still water on the floor from yesterday. Since you're getting better, you should clean it."

"Okay.." I say, unsure. I feel like I should because I did make the mess but also... this whole situation is so strange, I don't know if I should be.

He passes me a towel and watches as I struggle to get to the floor, sitting down on the mattress as soon as I do so. I look around, finding it hard to see the water despite the bright candles illuminating the room.

"Levi, I dont-"

His foot kicks me between my shoulder blades, sending me down onto my hands, the shirt I'm wearing barely long enough to stop me from exposing myself.

I squeeze my eyes shut at his behaviour, it's already telling me today is going to be a difficult day.

His voice rings out, a chill slithering down my spine, "I told you not to call me that. There is water there, look for it."