4)

Once again, I find myself quietly sobbing into a pillow; the repetition of each day is becoming too much to handle. Dehydration making my vision blur, but the sound of the door opening is distinct.

"Are you ready to play along?"

I raise my head to see the cold man walk to the furthest side of the room sitting down, placing a cup of water and a plate of steaming food on the floor. He seemed too calm. He sat with one leg outstretched, the other bent towards his chest, acting like a perch for his elbow to rest on.

My eyes flickered down to the cool water, condensation dripping down the sides. I sluggishly moved, barely being able to hold my weight on my arms as I sat up.

"Please, Sir... I-" My voice barely making enough sound. A deep ache vibrates up my legs to my heart. The thought of having to move, filling me with dread.

"Medicine, water.. I even prepared you food." He lists off, not taking his piercing silver eyes off of me. "All you have to do is come and get it."

I contemplate his words as they ring through my brain over and over again.

Swallowing my pride, I move off the edge. Knees slamming against the wood.

Is this really what it's come to?

This is excruciating. Humiliating.

Slowly but surely, I gather myself and begin to crawl forward. My shins and feet drag across the ground, the floor surprisingly - yet, since it's him, unsurprisingly - clean and smooth, no little bits sticking to my palms. Seconds felt like hours as I dragged my knees and fumbled my hands towards Levi.

It wasn't a long distance by any means. It was just... uncomfortable. My legs felt hot, as if they were on fire, my hands freezing from the cold floor, sweat now dripping down my forehead. He just watched. He just sat there and watched. My cheeks burn with embarrassment.

As I got close enough to reach out for the water, he picked it up and took a sip for himself, taunting and selfish, "Come closer." The corners of his lips twitched upwards ever so slightly, barely noticeable.

My breath hitched and a small sigh escapes my lips as I close the further distance, now sat, leaning on my one thigh, protecting my ankles from any pressure. His presence was overwhelming, I was close enough to feel the warmth radiating from him.

Ever since I graduated and became a scout under Levi's control, I have always done what he said, no questions asked. It feels like an instinct to obey regardless of the request. Even now it should be more difficult and I should fight back more, but deep inside, like muscle memory, I will always find it impossible to not listen to him.

What made it easy back then was - despite my professional and better judgement - I couldn't help but find myself attracted to Levi. When I first started in his squad I felt like a fool, falling head over heels. Though, over years of training and working I taught myself to push those inappropriate thoughts away.

"That wasn't so hard now, was it?" His voice flows out like liquid sugar, smooth and sweet. Bitterly sweet.

I gently raise my hand, reaching for the cup. "Please?"

He hands it to me and I waste no time tipping it's contents down my throat. Gasping for breath, I place it on the floor, empty.