5)

I had been cleaning myself with a wet cloth so far, but the Captain has told me I'll be needing a bath. I sit waiting, my hands on my lap as I glance around at everything but also.. nothing. Nothing at all.

My ankles were still in pain but I think I might be able to put some weight on them. I had been practicing placing them on the floor this morning and seeing how much weight I could endure. It wasn't much but it was more than before.

I jumped slightly at the door opening. I expected him to take longer. His piercing grey eyes landed on me instantly.

"I'm assuming you're ready." It was really hard to read him when he says everything so confidently and purposely. He never stutters. "So?"

He wakes me up from my train of thought. "Yes, I think so. I don't really know what I need to do to be ready.. but yes sorry... Commander." I add on hoping to get on his good side.

"Good." He approaches the bed while I try and move towards the edge.

"I don't have to crawl there, do I?" I ask, nervous of the answer.

"No." Once again, matter-of-fact-ly.

I'm confused though, but continue to bring my knees up to hang them over the edge of the bed, but before I can do so, Levi places his arms behind my back and under my knees. I stiffen, not really knowing what to say or what I was fully expecting.

"Come on, L/N." He speaks, his breath fanning against me as he's lent in. "You've got to hold on or I'll drop you."

Feeling apprehensive but not wanting to disobey, I wrap one of my arms around his (surprisingly) firm muscular shoulders. I interlock my fingers making sure I won't fall back and I don't want to put my hands directly onto him.

He leans back upright and I can't help but gasp slightly at how easily he was able to lift me. Carrying me out of the room, I take a good look at the hallway, still no natural light, I'm starting to feel confined in this space.

I look over his shoulder seeing my room is at the very far end of the corridor. Being this close to him I can smell his clothing, especially with my chin almost resting on him. It was nice, it smelled clean but not too strongly of chemicals.

Feeling exasperated I rest my forehead on him, tears beginning to well up in my eyes. I'm feeling nothing but confusion and loneliness. He speaks to me like it's obvious what's going on but I just don't understand.

I would never openly admit this to anyone but I love a hug. A simple hug. Before Felix died, we would always hold eachother after a difficult day. It seems silly and childish, but it would relieve a lot of stress for us both. Especially since we became friends since the first day of training, fought and survived next to eachother for years.

Fuck it hurt when he died. There was no one there for comfort.

I could do with a hug from Felix now. If only I could see him; his haircut I would always call dumb-looking even though the longer look suited him nicely, his eyes that always seemed to have a sparkle no matter how many comrades we lost. To him there was always a bigger picture, and I'm struggling to see the bigger picture right now.

I pull my head back up, not wanting to get too comfortable, only just noticing he's not wearing his uniform, instead, a white cotton poet shirt, no buttons for once just a comfortable feeling baggy long sleeve.